You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Hardschool single coming September 24th.

tejastech08 wrote:
bigbri wrote:
James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I’m not sure what we’re expecting at this point. It sounds pretty damn good to me. More classic sounding than the Absurd turd. Casuals could embrace this.

If they actually put an ounce of effort into it, it could be a rock radio hit.

They definitely have a hit on their hands if they push it. It's essentially a classic GNR song... it's what people expect when someone says new GNR song.

When touring ends, they should hit the late night show circuit on both sides of the pond and push this to the moon.

But Axl would have to lipsynch it. I doubt he can pull it off these days.

Not a chance in hell that he can sing in this voice, at least not for a one-take live performance. He might be able to recreate some of that classic Axl voice in the studio with many different takes. "Rock the Rock" with Looney Tunes is an example in recent years.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

metallex78 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Van Halen did this and it was lukewarm at best.

I thought Different Kind of Truth was absolutely fantastic, and a great album to close out their career with.

It may have had old riff and song ideas used, but they re-recorded them all into brand new songs.

I don’t think it’s comparable to the Frankenstein of CD leftovers with Slash and Duff added on top that we seem to be getting.

As for Hardschool, having listened to it a dozen times now, the sheen is wearing off. And while I like it a whole lot more than Absurd, it still sounds demo-ish. I don’t know if it’s the mix or being brickwalled that gives it a processed sound.

Like, if you play something from UYI, then play this after, it doesn’t sound organic.

I guess I should be happy though…

Oh the struggle of being a GN’R fan!

Yeah..ADKOT...I keep coming back too. Still damn good. I was fortunate to see them live during their 2012 tour.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Fuck this shit
Robin Finck is rolling in his grave.

I need to simultaneously talk shit about and praise the fact that they used the exact same vocal track from fucking 20 years ago.
On one hand, it's so fucking lazy. On the other? It was my favorite part of the song since I heard 7 seconds of it 15 years ago.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Crazy that a week ago we were complaining of blue balls and threatening to throw in the towel and here we are a week later anticipating what’s next.

So do we know who is drumming yet ? My guess is Frank but I have heard speculation around it being sampled. To me, it’s unthinkable an officially released GN’R song would feature sampled drums. That said, it’s the weakest part of the arrangement for me.
Is Fortus in the left channel? Little lead lick before the vocal kicks in is nice but no surprises that Slash dominates all things guitar wise here.

I’m glad they are stripping things back - it’s the way to go. We haven’t had layers and layers of synths and samples - I hear a little keyboard in the verses but it’s subtle.

But on the whole - I think they’ve done very well here and I’m all in . It’s a fun song. Crazy that Axl’s vocals are over 20 years old. Only Axl Rose could do something so audacious and that’s pretty rock n roll in it’s own right.

Let’s hope a new album is sooner  rather than later

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Van Halen did this and it was lukewarm at best.

I thought Different Kind of Truth was absolutely fantastic, and a great album to close out their career with.

It may have had old riff and song ideas used, but they re-recorded them all into brand new songs.

I don’t think it’s comparable to the Frankenstein of CD leftovers with Slash and Duff added on top that we seem to be getting.

As for Hardschool, having listened to it a dozen times now, the sheen is wearing off. And while I like it a whole lot more than Absurd, it still sounds demo-ish. I don’t know if it’s the mix or being brickwalled that gives it a processed sound.

Like, if you play something from UYI, then play this after, it doesn’t sound organic.

I guess I should be happy though…

Oh the struggle of being a GN’R fan!

A Different Kind of Truth was awesome.

This sounds like it was mixed on Caram's iPhone. I really don't get Axl's beef with using a mixing engineer like Andy Wallace, who's CD mix was fantastic. And you can't tell me he can't find a producer who wouldn't want to work with him. The demos sound better because he's working with Sean Beavan and Roy Thomas Baker who know what they're doing, and bring something different to the make up of the song. This song sounds more like a demo than the actual demo. I mean, what the hell is Mike Clink doing these days?

Not going to complain, though, the sound is tight. Duff and Slash turned this into *their* song. They needed to do that.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Song is getting great reviews on the official youtube page.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

Lo raro es que no lo hayais producido vosotros!....cuantos albunes habeis producido?....y la pista vocal es diferente!.....en los fraseos finales se hace mas notable!....
lo q hagan los putos guns no va a satisfacer ha artistas de vuestro nivel!

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

In some ways I miss the Village intro, but it was a bit "self-indulgent Axl," like the overstuffed intros for Chinese Democracy, Riad and TWAT. So it's kinda funny to me that Duff and Slash went, "lol no, fuck that" and now the song just piles straight into the fast section with a drumbeat and bass.

Duff's bass is probably the highlight for me (as it was on Absurd, thinking about it) – I love the little licks he throws in.

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

For me on spotify, this is the last song on their New Music Friday playlist which probably isn’t great because there is a decent amount of scrolling to get to it with 30 songs in front of it

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Nando killed the EP rumour dead on Reddit. Thank god.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/com … &context=3

Board footer