You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Hardschool single coming September 24th.

bigbri wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
James wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Is this gonna be another CD-like promo for new music from GN’R? ie. none?

Seems so damn bizarre that outside of a couple of cringeworthy “Hard Skool is Fn here” social media posts

They really need to drop the F'n thing. It's childish and as you said....cringe.

Yeah I know they used it a bit in the old days but now it dominates everything.

Ditch it.

U F'n 2

MetalliF'nca

SoundF'ngarden

See how ridiculous it is when used for other bands?

Funny after all these years, we think a lot a like. Lose the f’n lose the blood surrounding the classic logo…100% lose the chinese cover crap “Guns N Roses was here” and anything to do with the shit art we were given for CD.

Guns N’ Roses was here was the back of one of the original t-shirts. No reason to lose that.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

well, looks like I'm late to the party again.
my rating of Absurd is 7/10 - it has a nice in-ur-face punchy feeling and I find it entertaining.
with HS - I rate it 5/10. vocals and bass are cool (or kool?), guitars are okay.
drums are utter trash (compared to old Freese's track, this is just laughably simple and takes the original drive far away)
mix sucks
I hate the bridge, it is completely unneccessary, sounds like artificially extending the song playtime
the song has no gradation - the old version was getting forward and the final part was just pure gold of guitar madness - while this just... ends in the same way as the beginning of the song - too bad.
so yeah, 5/10 for me. I don't completely hate it, but also the old version has just more drive to me thanks to much more dynamic drum track, guitarwork and gradation.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
James wrote:

They really need to drop the F'n thing. It's childish and as you said....cringe.

Yeah I know they used it a bit in the old days but now it dominates everything.

Ditch it.

U F'n 2

MetalliF'nca

SoundF'ngarden

See how ridiculous it is when used for other bands?

Funny after all these years, we think a lot a like. Lose the f’n lose the blood surrounding the classic logo…100% lose the chinese cover crap “Guns N Roses was here” and anything to do with the shit art we were given for CD.

Guns N’ Roses was here was on the back of the original t-shirts. No reason to lose that.

Yeah, “Guns N Roses was here” was used in the 80’s on tshirts, also featuring the woman victim from the robot rape scene original AFD art usually pictured below it. Kinda implying that GN’R had had their way with her…

I can’t believe that in 2021 they’d want to associate themselves anything to do with implying rape…!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Guns N’ Roses was here was on the back of the original t-shirts. No reason to lose that.

Yeah, “Guns N Roses was here” was used in the 80’s on tshirts, also featuring the woman victim from the robot rape scene original AFD art usually pictured below it. Kinda implying that GN’R had had their way with her…

I can’t believe that in 2021 they’d want to associate themselves anything to do with implying rape…!

I don't think that was the band's idea. I remember seeing a poster like that in the early 90s but I believe it was made in Sweden. Not an official product.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

I just checked the YouTube link.

After 3 days....

872k views

50k likes
1k dislikes

Not bad...but no chance of exploding/going viral.

The like/dislike ratio is amazing. Best case scenario in that regard...and most of the comments appear to be positive.

It's still getting some media attention and performing it brought the spotlight on it again.

I don't like how they're calling it an EP. Technically yes...it's an EP...but come on.

When. I think EP I think Lies, Sap, Screaming Life, etc...

Not what is essentially a double A side and two live B sides.

If this is an EP, more than half of Soundgarden's singles were EPs. 16

I haven't seen the band call it an EP. Some press have, that debunked rumour probably muddied the waters. It's kind of annoying.

The band's press release just refers to it as a "song" and says the formats it can be bought on. If it was an EP, the vinyl would have the same tracklist.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I don't think that was the band's idea. I remember seeing a poster like that in the early 90s but I believe it was made in Sweden. Not an official product.

They were everywhere here on tshirts back in the 80’s and they were official. I found it listed on eBay here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313665642509?h … SwnYVhN~Pk

As 10-11 yr old kid at the time I didn’t quite understand it, but I kinda figured what it was implying “guns n Roses was here and had their way with this woman with her undies around her knees”.

And I still think they shouldn’t be associated with things like that in 2021, but hey, I’m not in charge of their Fn marketing am I…? tongue

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

My radio station mentions the "hardschool ep" almost every time after they play the song.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:

"Guns N' Roses was here" was definitely on official t-shirts during the AFD tour in the US and elsewhere. It was usually accompanied by tour dates. It was even commented on in the press of the time, e.g. in this clipping from the Philadelphia Inquirer, July 1989:

1989_045.jpg

It has been used even during NITL (but without the rape image from the original AFD artwork).

About the "EP": I think the media have just confused the fake EP rumour at the Steve Hoffman forums with the actual release, which isn't being marketed as an EP by the band - and it really isn't, it's a CD single.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

They were everywhere here on tshirts back in the 80’s and they were official. I found it listed on eBay here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313665642509?h … SwnYVhN~Pk

As 10-11 yr old kid at the time I didn’t quite understand it, but I kinda figured what it was implying “guns n Roses was here and had their way with this woman with her undies around her knees”.

And I still think they shouldn’t be associated with things like that in 2021, but hey, I’m not in charge of their Fn marketing am I…? tongue

I was around the same age when I saw it. One of my cousins had it on his wall. He was a few years older than me while I was still listening to Michael Jackson and Dr. Hook. I too kind of got the message even though I was very young, this was a dangerous band. That was actually my very first introduction to the band that I can remember, and to this day I think about it. Just the unique image they had back then.

I'm surprised to learn that this was actually officially sanctioned. In their defense I guess we can say the imagery does not explicitly imply rape, rather a very sexual band that leaves their groupies in that state. There's an important difference I think.

On the other hand, is "Guns N Roses was here" solely associated with that poster? To my mind it is more generic than that. I don't know where it first appeared.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:

The "Guns N' Roses was here" t-shirts can also be seen in official newsletters from 1989/90:

http://www.troccolitm.com/FnClb.html

Board footer