You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: GN'R 2021 Tour Thread

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

5 Chinese songs last night plus Absurd and Hard Skool axl9

29 songs!

Yikes.

That's too much.  lol

It's awesome they go all out but I've been saying it since I went to the show four years ago.... it's too long. The crowd doesn't really need that much... especially when you start diving into Chinese deep cuts.

It's why the cash grab stuff a tad harsh even with there being some truth to it....they could cut an hour out of the set and no one would complain.

I agree they should be able to gauge demand but the AFD boxset showed that is something they really can't do.

That was another clusterfuck. Fan interest or lack thereof wasn't a factor....it was that bat shit insane price tag.

No one but extreme hardcores would buy that...and only a handful of them.

They ruined their first box set....which sets the tone for the rest.

If Pink Floyd can't charge 1k for the Immersion sets, why in the fuck did they think they could get away with it? Those are incredible.

Look at Metallica's sets.... amazing and the amount of content above and beyond the call of duty.

Not 1k.

While I'm looking forward to more releases, a pattern has emerged with GNR releases...

Yeah, don't confuse my light defense of this as an endorsement. I wish it was a lot better.

I just don't necessarily think it's all that's happening. The return of Silkworms and them doing no pre-announcement drops of singles shows they are at least capable of doing digital releases out of the blue.

The delay seems like it's because they're taking orders first before putting the order into the printing and pressing plants. Should they work that way? Probably not but it seems like what they've chosen to do - their previous mistake with the AFD box making them overcorrect their approach.

If we end up in January with complete silence after the end of this tour then my hope for more anytime soon disappears. I still think they could surprise us in 6-8 weeks time.

And the Metallica boxset is great. Getting it soon as a present, looking forward to listening to the Moscow show on final.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Nirvana, who’s frontman has been dead for 27 years, manages to release a box set for Nevermind, better than the AFD one, where all the members of the band are still alive.

That pretty much sums it up…

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Is Axl and Slash at the Stones show or was that just rumor? Stones playing Charlotte now.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Hire new management

Fat fucking chance.  Wasn't the rumor that the Lebesis' be made managers or they would fucking leave?  And yeah the band does deserve more than the half assed/no clue management they are getting now.  It's a fucking punchline and joke at this point.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Is… is that rasp I can hear?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

He absolutely rips Hard Skool, too. Accidentally sings the final "scream" line in the second-to-last chorus before the twiddly-widdly guitar bit.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Great, so he sings Mickey for 95% of the tour, and the last show he brings rasp back?

I guess he doesn’t care about blowing his voice out because the tour is done.
But Fuck man, if I saw them at the start of this tour, I’d be asking for my money back.
The first show back was horrendous compared to this. Full Mickey, forgetting words and skipping lines.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Damn, that was badass. So he can still do it all, when he wants. That lil cunt. Kick ass performance.

Slash is THE MAN, what an incredible performance from him on this tour.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

He absolutely rips Hard Skool, too. Accidentally sings the final "scream" line in the second-to-last chorus before the twiddly-widdly guitar bit.

That's pretty damn good.

Now that the tour is wrapping up, I wish they'd go on a promo blitz in the lead up to the next leg.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

My mind is blown that it's probably been a choice all this time. Most likely to save his voice during a tour but still.

At least makes me think he can deliver in a studio environment where he can have recovery time for his voice.

Board footer