You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Neemo wrote:

Watched venom today ...trash

Saw infinity war and endgame this past weekend...better than I thought they would be

Wife and went to see Antlers...that was decent, but kinda messed up

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Saint Maud... Holy shit. That ending.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

77 Minutes - Documentary about the 1984 McDonald's massacre. This doc was decades overdue. They do a great job covering it chronologically and I was shocked by the video of the crime scene. Wasn't expecting that at all.

The Reef -  I usually ignore shark movies but decided to try this one out. It was pretty good and I like how they don't focus on trying to get 'money shots' of the shark.

Doubting Thomas - It's on Amazon prime. I had never heard of it. I almost cringed at the description...a white couple gives birth to a black baby. Considering it's fairly new, I knew they'd go overboard with the concept. Had to check it out for shits and giggles.

I was pleasantly surprised. It held my interest til the very end. While she supposedly didn't have the affair with their black friend/co-worker, I believe she did and they sorta leave it open at the end.

If you have prime, check it out. It's a really short movie.

Monster - I hadn't watched this since it came out. It was like watching a new movie. Theron really earned her Oscar here. I think Ricci deserved a nomination as well. Without her, you don't sympathize with the character. 

Traffic - Another movie I hadn't watched in 20 years. Great movie and that is one killer all star cast.

I still don't get the craze over Catherine Zeta Jones...and this was just a few years into her megastardom.

misterID wrote:

Saint Maud... Holy shit. That ending.

Never heard of it. It sounds interesting.

James

James wrote:

Truth or Die - This has to be the best movie about truth or dare... although I guess that isn't saying much. 16

The Canyon - Couple goes on a hike through the Grand Canyon. Their guide dies and they're up shit creek without a paddle. It's hard for me to suspend disbelief with these types of movies when they make such shitty decisions.

He's Out There - I got about 30 minutes into this before I realized I had watched this a few years ago.

James

James wrote:

Ransom - I hadn't watched this since it came out on VHS.  I was pleasantly surprised. This is probably Gibson's best movie.

Jurassic Park - Another movie I hadn't watched in 25 years or so. I don't remember Goldblum's role being this small. After the first 20 minutes, he fades into the background and is an afterthought.

The FX still hold up.

I Am Sam - This movie does have some flaws and it drags but holy shit...how did Sean Penn not win the Oscar?

Flight - After Man on Fire, this is Denzel's best film.

The Game - Hadn't watched this in decades. It's a great film but the title gives it away and it lessens the impact. The horror film April Fool's Day suffers from this as well.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Ransom - I hadn't watched this since it came out on VHS.  I was pleasantly surprised. This is probably Gibson's best movie.

Jurassic Park - Another movie I hadn't watched in 25 years or so. I don't remember Goldblum's role being this small. After the first 20 minutes, he fades into the background and is an afterthought.

The FX still hold up.

I Am Sam - This movie does have some flaws and it drags but holy shit...how did Sean Penn not win the Oscar?

Flight - After Man on Fire, this is Denzel's best film.

The Game - Hadn't watched this in decades. It's a great film but the title gives it away and it lessens the impact. The horror film April Fool's Day suffers from this as well.

I prefer maybe Payback over Ransom, probably because it's so dark.  But Ransom may be more fun

On the Game, I've watched it several times and now watch it for the psychological aspects of it.  I don't think it's as bad as the Sixth sense in that regard.  But yeah, for some people it's a one and done type of film

Um, on April Fools Day:  are you talking about the 80s slasher film.  Saw that like about a year ago and really liked it.

James

James wrote:

I prefer maybe Payback over Ransom, probably because it's so dark.  But Ransom may be more fun

I never watched Payback. I'll add it to my list.

Um, on April Fools Day:  are you talking about the 80s slasher film.  Saw that like about a year ago and really liked it.

Yeah that's the one.

I saw it as a double feature at the drive in with Friday the 13th part 6. Perfect combo.

I think it's one of the best slashers. Great cast, believable plot that's usually lacking in these films, but that ending takes something away from it.

I wish they had went with the alternate ending where a real murder happens at the end(Buffy).

I watched a movie called The Invitation before going to bed. I called the ending about 15 minutes in. It was pretty good though.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

https://youtu.be/85xjQyTuwR0
One of my favorite scenes from Payback.

James

James wrote:

I may go ahead and watch that tonight.

The Long Kiss Goodnight - Wow...this just begged to be a franchise. It had so much going for it....

A Christmas movie...this can be Die Hard for women

A good although slightly cheesy story

The action sequences are pretty good...and Geena does a great job playing a bad ass.

Geena Davis and Samuel Jackson have great chemistry.

Unfortunately....it had something going against it...

Cutthroat Island. This massive flop pretty much killed the momentum of Geena's career. This movie came out less than a year later. It didn't have a chance. If Long Kiss Goodnight comes out a year earlier in place of Cutthroat or maybe a few years later, it's a different ballgame.

I could picture this character in a trilogy of movies in the late 90s-early 2000s.

I felt bad for her after watching it. You can tell she's really into doing this...and a woman as leading action hero was ahead of its time. It would've worked in her favor without the stink of Cutthroat Island.

One more thing against it... especially when it comes to sequel potential...is the fact Geena Davis is on the verge of aging out of the big female roles. Actresses hit the brick wall once middle age is on the horizon.

I wish I had went to see this in the theater.

I read a bit about it and Samuel Jackson says that out of all his movies, this one is his favorite to watch.

I might watch it again in a couple days.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

52 Pickup - 1986

I can't believe it took me this long to see this. It's pure Tarantino. John Frankenheimer didn't put a lot of good films out in the 1980s, but man, this is basically French Connection meets Miami Vice. There's def a little cheese, and I think Roy Scheider was terribly miscast, but the vibe and the villains were outstanding. I really wish that they could re-edit by Tarantino with new music could turn this into a classic.

They don't have the balls to make this film today.

Board footer