You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Ha, I just got banned from HTGH

RussTCB wrote:

removed

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Indeed. The line of action J's adopted makes him appear more of a schoolyard bully than a positive fan. Who am I to tell him how to run his board, but I think it would look better if he'd appear as a paternal, easygoing fellow, who'd step into every argument to present the facts as we know them and keep the basis of any speculation on top of them. Getting into arguments on the VR section is as transparent as it gets and doesn't help any - what happens if there's a reunion? Talk about having a tough time cashing your chips. It would certainly help the band's image in the web if HTGTH would be known for what it once was - a friendly place for quality conversations. Sometimes these discussions get a little heated and don't exactly present the people in/around the band in the most favorable light. But hell, they're human and make mistakes. Shit happens, and I do hope the GNR camp can take criticism when it's presented in an adult and constructive way - otherwise we're in for a very long wait as the Ax-kissers remain shuffling in the doorway, waiting for that red carpet to be rolled in front of them.

But when the great wheel turns again, J's going to have that attitude come back to haunt him. There's still enough karma in the world for that.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Actually I do know. After I told him on the boards that he has damaged GNR more than he's helped them by his treatment of the fans I was contacted by someone who let me know I was right. I'm not trying to be a secretive "insider" dickhead here, but I promised him I wouldn't tell who he was or what exactly he said, but a lot of people in the GNR camp are very angry with jarmo, and it started a while ago.

Now this is interesting. I won't press you for more details as I respect what you promised to the person who said it, but I will say I find this very interesting.

If they ever get anyone competent in management he will be the first to go....I can't believe that board is even still there. Does he delete mentions of this board? Just curious.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Seven wrote:

Does he delete mentions of this board? Just curious.

No, not that I know of, although I very rarely even check the site anymore. Haven't logged in since last year, and have lurked there a handful of times since.

I check the wrestling thread once in a blue moon. That's the only thread on the site that never changed.

I don't think he has anything against this site. He never had issues with the old site either. Obviously neither site is his cup of tea though.

In my opinion, if/when there is a reunion, or maybe even when CD is ready to launch, mygnr or an official site will become the main site for GNR info.

The spin machine got way too out of control over there. I agree with you that once management or someone other than a yes man takes a fresh look at that site, the GNR camp is going to bail out of HTGTH. I don't care how many in Axl's camp post there, once someone in the chain of command decides that HTGTH isn't the proper place for GNR to be promoted and that the community isn't viable(at least at the level they want it to be at), its over.

Sky Dog wrote:

I have a feeling when the album release date is announced you will get an all new updated official site, and they will pay a lot less attention to the fan sites. A lot of the new 360 deals and record deals include maintenance of an official web site....much better than the piece of shit site now.:thumbup:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

I have a feeling when the album release date is announced you will get an all new updated official site, and they will pay a lot less attention to the fan sites. A lot of the new 360 deals and record deals include maintenance of an official web site....much better than the piece of shit site now.:thumbup:

They'll always monitor fan sites(they always have), but I agree a brand new site including a message board is likely.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

When the shift happens (and if the release finally gets underway, it will), more 'hard-core' places like Evolution will be significantly less affected. People here know the game GNR is always playing. While we might as well mass-imigrate to an official site to form a higher branch in the 'years online' age group amongst the youngsters, and would hold a sect of wisened few, I bet we'd keep on coming back to the old house, to enjoy the privacy and intimate nature of it.

However, places like MyGNR and HTGTH, the ones attracting the random browser to stay due to lack of initiative, will get served. They'll lose a good bunch of members due those empty-heads heading for Uncle Axl. In a way, they might end up distilling somewhat to what they once were. The downside of HTGTH is that it has eliminated a good amount of the loyal members of yesteryear due to the means J has chosen to use. That's unfortunately why the forum may never get back to what it was, even though it would go towards that direction through... old-fashion evolution.

Old-skool webheads, we are.

Sky Dog wrote:

exactly.....anybody who has any form of self respect and has been around on the net since the beginning of this debacle in 1998/99 isn't going to put up with Jarmo's bullshit. Dave, ID, and I use to be big supporters on the Rolling Stone board back around 2000 I think. Constantly defending the new band on an all rock and roll open forum. Now, to get called out for slightly questioning an obvious freak show for the past decade...ain't gonna fly.  Jarmo on a personal level is probably a good guy and Christos seems cool. The Adz character just rubs my ass way the wrong way. Everything is straight up smart ass arrogant ......but, I digress. 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Man, no one has seen bashers like there were at the old Rollingstone board. Dave was funny as hell. He was so damn stubborn no one could win an argument with him. See his debate about the Portland cancelation with Beta for an example... And he did have a good point, which started jarmo's "If you don't believe EVERYTHING the band tells you, you're not a fan." Mad, remember Pissin? He made the RS.com board hilarious. It got to a point where the bashers just knew there was no use in bashing anymore. 16

Personally, it's just really hard for me to respect jarmo in any compacity. And I'm not down with his irrational, mistreatment of people, especially people who were oldschool members of that site for so long. And to question peoples loyalty to the band and say who is or isn't a fan? I'm sorry, but that shit just doesn't fly with me. However "okay" he was before has totally evaporated in my mind.

This place will survive a new official forum, if that really does happen. This place is like a clique in the GNR fan world. A retreat from the bullshit, power trips, illogical, asskissing and delusional thinking.

Just know we do have someone(s) on our side in the band 22

And Aussie, you need to clear your inbox, bro cool

GrizzDotCom
 Rep: 3 

GrizzDotCom wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I check the wrestling thread once in a blue moon. That's the only thread on the site that never changed.

Mucho respect, always good to see people giving props to the wrestling thread.

Hammy.

Board footer