You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: GN’R Cover Bands

I love live music, so I see a lot of cover bands when they come through town. Last night I saw a GN’R cover band out of NYC called Appetite for Destruction. Holy shit were those guys good. And their Axl doesn’t do the Mickey Mouse shit when he sings slither. I’ve seen the another cover band Nighttrain, and while very good, Appetite’s sound and energy is fucking awesome. I’ve only seen one other coverband with that kind of energy, and it was a STP cover band aptly named STP2.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

If it is the same band I have seen the GNR cover band called Appetite for Destruction maybe 10 times. As far back as maybe 2008 or so. THE BEST OF ALL TIME. The Axl was so damn good and even looked like him. He killed it. Wonder if the same band. These guys were INSANE

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Cover bands are an underrated way to enjoy great music at a low price. I saw this band Killer Queen and to my average fan ears it sounded like legit Queen.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:

If it is the same band I have seen the GNR cover band called Appetite for Destruction maybe 10 times. As far back as maybe 2008 or so. THE BEST OF ALL TIME. The Axl was so damn good and even looked like him. He killed it. Wonder if the same band. These guys were INSANE

GNRtribute.com

Let me know if these are the same guys. Their Duff was an extra 100 lbs, but their Axl was better than the one I’ve seen on stage the past few years.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Heard a bar band do “Night Train” (shambolic but enthusiastic) and “Paradise City” (drummer seemed to race ahead of the rest of the musicians while the singer had trouble with the flurry of words).

Made me appreciate how good GNR sounds when locked in. “Tight but loose.”

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I got really into a local GNR cover band around 2004 or so.

Was good cos back then Slash was in VR so there was no GNR on the menu from him other than the odd brownstone/used to love her moment...and Axl was in limbo and playing with robin anyways....meanwhile my local band was smashing out reasonable reproductions of civil war etc. Sort of kept the music alive in that rap age.

Good times.

Board footer