You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Will the next single be something we've heard already?

misterID wrote:

I know I said wasn’t going to say anymore, but HOLY SHIT.

No, Caram didn’t mix those earlier tracks, that is NOT in dispute. No shit Axl kept changing things, THAT’S THE POINT.  How am I rewriting history? I am literally stating the events that took place. Axl had several mixes and not only CHOSE Caram’s, he dictated them. He had those mixes and said, “nope, not what I want. I know I have these mixes by Beavan and Andy Wallace, but I’m not satisfied, I don’t care what Dave thinks. Caram, this is how I want them to sound. I want them to totally melt Dave’s brain, so that one day he will get into an argument on a forum and claim that these mixes were not dictated by me, only you. Yeah, I know, I have the opportunity to mix these with anyone else, including those other guys, I’m choosing YOU. Now let’s totally fuck with Dave’s mind.”

What will the next single be?

Something we've heard in some form already (Atlas, Perhaps, ect) 89%
Something we haven't heard yet (The General, Soul Monster, ect). 11%
Total votes: 19
misterID

misterID wrote:

Btw, if there is some argument about his involvement in recording from those periods, he’s been a producer on CD from at least 2003.

cd-engineer.jpg

This is them outside the studio 2003/4

Bluefish18
 Rep: 2 

Bluefish18 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Btw, if there is some argument about his involvement in recording from those periods, he’s been a producer on CD from at least 2003.

http://www.suicideshift.info/discograph … gineer.jpg

That's ALOT of dad jeans 14  Who are the other two?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I've often thought it must be challenging mixing for big name now-classic acts like GNR, Metallica etc as their star power means they can dictate how the mix must sound but they probably also have a lifetime of hearing damage so who knows if it sounds to them like it sounds to the puter/audio guy anyway.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Funny enough, I heard Hardskool in my car for the first time today and thought it sounded great 16

Bluefish18 wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's ALOT of dad jeans 14  Who are the other two?

Engineers Eric Caudieux and Dan Monti

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Boy does that bring back memories. The forums went ape shit at the time over this photo....it helped fuel the "Axl is hard at work daily finishing the album" narrative dominating the forums...and the reality wound up being the exact opposite.

While we have no way of knowing the exact moment he entered the equation, he probably got involved much earlier than 2003... maybe as early as 2001 post album rejection....a small role or even on the side similar to the shadow lineups concept.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Here’s a pretty cool little Brain interview. It’s the only time I’ve heard any band members talk about the Philly riot

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n- … tia-chaos/

misterID

misterID wrote:

Found more on Bucket. Seriously, never heard any of this before:

“Bucket just struggled with the politics behind it. Bucket was a true musician in that he just wanted to play. He'd be like, 'Why does it have to be so hard? Why can't the album just come out?' I was basking in it: 'That's part of the gig, dude.' He wasn't feeling it. We had a little bit of a falling-out. He was like, 'It seems like they're just getting off on this.' I was like, 'It's not that I’m getting off on it. I'm just trying to let it be what it is. I'm not going to be able to change it, obviously. So I might as well get what I can get out of it."

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Hmm...I mean i prefer slash to bucket but ...he's not wrong there....I mean often I've wondered why GNR seems to get off on secrecy so much.

There's a whole lot of scooby do crap for a band that has put out one new album in 30+ years.

I used to think it was leading somewhere, now I just think it's mental illness.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:

I know I said wasn’t going to say anymore, but HOLY SHIT.

No, Caram didn’t mix those earlier tracks, that is NOT in dispute. No shit Axl kept changing things, THAT’S THE POINT.  How am I rewriting history? I am literally stating the events that took place. Axl had several mixes and not only CHOSE Caram’s, he dictated them. He had those mixes and said, “nope, not what I want. I know I have these mixes by Beavan and Andy Wallace, but I’m not satisfied, I don’t care what Dave thinks. Caram, this is how I want them to sound. I want them to totally melt Dave’s brain, so that one day he will get into an argument on a forum and claim that these mixes were not dictated by me, only you. Yeah, I know, I have the opportunity to mix these with anyone else, including those other guys, I’m choosing YOU. Now let’s totally fuck with Dave’s mind.”

He turned in an album mixed by those guys FFS and the label rejected it. The only reason why Axl picked the mixes by Caram is because of all the people that left the band and the producers left the band too.

his mixes are shit they sound like utter crap, you can hear clipping all over his versions of the songs.  Its mind boggling you think that is signs of a good producer.

Hell Hard School the new version the guitars sound like they are a midi file and Axl sounds like he is singing through a tin can and string.
On Abusrd he couldnt even get the vocal tempo to match the music tempo.

He is a hack.

Board footer