You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: No new single this year?

Smoking Guns wrote:
Triple H wrote:

I don't care about any new single unless it's something they've written and recorded from complete scratch since they reunited.

I am in the same place.

Wilco
 Rep: 1 

Wilco wrote:

I’d take whatever with Ax vocals at this point if they were good vocals

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Just want to hear The General and Soul Monster. I’ll call it a day then

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

Fuck band karaoke!

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

I think at this point we're so starved for something new that we would gladly take a studio version of Witchita Lineman as a new single with live versions of those unnecessary AC/DC covers as B-Sides

Couso

Couso wrote:
Vale wrote:

I think at this point we're so starved for something new that we would gladly take a studio version of Witchita Lineman as a new single with live versions of those unnecessary AC/DC covers as B-Sides

And the live version of sailing from London 2006

Which was fucking great by the way

Sky Dog wrote:

Ha….not as good as Sway

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I haven’t been able to find Sway anywhere

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I hated all those damn covers during the 2006 tour. I allowed my desire for new material cloud my judgement.

I'd probably appreciate them now.... especially Sway. When I got into that Stones album a couple years ago, I remembered how they were performing it.

TB allowing a small group of people to pretend being an official account and removing literally thousands of videos of GNR over the past 15 years is literally the stupidest thing that has ever been sanctioned by a band's management team.

It was the first sign that they were too clueless to even manage a lemonade stand...much less a rock band.

It pisses off fans uploading the material, fans who want to watch it, and it destroys free promotion.

If any of them complained about how little traction both Absurd and Hard School got on YouTube and social media platforms...I hope someone had the balls to tell them they only had themselves to blame.

You can't shit on people wanting to see GNR on these platforms and then expect them to fall in line in droves when you deem them worthy of it.

Edit

I'm not even talking about hardcore fan interest in this stuff. We know the story and the idiotic reasons this shit was happening. I'm talking about everyone else...from hardcore fans who never used forums and casual fans.

Couso

Couso wrote:
misterID wrote:

Someone recorded it because I used to have an mp3 of it

I’m sure someone in the gnr community will still have it

Board footer