You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Favorite video games?

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Thinking about buying an original NES. I’ve played the new console with all the old games, which was nice, but it wasn’t the same. I loved Contra and Mike Tyson’s Punch Out.

Elden Ring was incredible. So was Red Dead Redemption 2 and GTA V

Right before and during the pandemic, my uncle and I decided to catch up on some of the games we missed out on after our gaming days were over (XBOX, ps2, GameCube era). We focused on either Xbox 360 or PC for older games and a handful of newer ones on that new Xbox...

The splinter cell series
Hitman series
Call of Duty
Rainbow Six
Medal of Honor

Mafia
Red Dead Redemption
GTA
Resident Evil

A few others I don't remember.

Also played various sports games.... racing, soccer, tennis, baseball, etc. I wish these graphics had existed in our youth. Can't get the same level of excitement as you do in your youth.

The NBA2K I got was insane. It had tons of the classic teams. Getting to play as the 1993 Chicago Bulls was a literal dream come true. You could not do this in the 1990s.

While I didn't like Madden all that much in the old days (I preferred NFL2k), the new Madden games are amazing.

Madden really needs to do a game with either all the classic teams or at least allow you to play all the Super Bowl games.

Also tried Civ 6 but hated it. They will never top Civ 4.

Edit

There's some games made by independent companies called "Metroidvania"....games inspired by Metroid and Castlevania. A few of em were really good.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Lol, I used to play Tecmo Bowl with my dad’s friend and I continuously got my ass kicked by Bo Jackson. I loved Double Dragon. And I used to love Jungle Jim and Asteroids on Atari.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I absolutely loved this game
Pro-Wrestling-facts-and-statistics.jpg
Pro_Wrestling_nes_screenshot.png

James

James wrote:

God I loved the look of Asteroids in the arcade. The Atari version was the same gameplay of course but didn't have that distinctive look. It was retro before retro....

Atari version...

Best wrestling game on any console up til that point...and it took awhile to top it. At the time, I hoped either NWA or WWF would partner up with them and make an identical game but using actual wrestlers. Of course they didn't.

We got this instead....I got this for my birthday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQhln-1FzVM

It wasn't very good. Best wrestler on it was Bigelow because he did the cartwheels.

WCW released a game like a year or two later but they didn't promote it, I never saw it, and was already out of wrestling until getting back into it a couple years later.

The WWF NES game should've been this game....

It was awesome. My cousin and I used to walk to the liquor store to play it. You team up and try to make it to the final match and face the Megabucks. We made it but wound up losing to them.

They made Andre a bad ass in that game.

James

James wrote:

Here's one I forgot... probably the most underrated game in history. I can't believe they never did a sequel.

It also has a killer soundtrack.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I remember that WWF game. 16

Nintendo 64 had some really great games. Goldeneye was hands down my favorite. Star Wars had a really great game too

Triple H
 Rep: 2 

Triple H wrote:

Pro Wrestling was a great game. I always liked the ninja guy in the pink suit. He was "Starman" or something I think.

James wrote:

The WWF NES game should've been this game....

It was awesome. My cousin and I used to walk to the liquor store to play it. You team up and try to make it to the final match and face the Megabucks. We made it but wound up losing to them.

They made Andre a bad ass in that game.

That was a great arcade game. My buddy and I drilled a hole in a quarter once and tied a string to it and went to the Arcade and we rigged the game for 30 quarters worth on one quarter. We couldn't get the quarter back so we just snapped the sting.

Wilco
 Rep: 1 

Wilco wrote:

PC:

King’s Quest series
Space Quest series
Police Quest
Diablo 1
Baldur’s Gate
Daggerfall
IceWind Dale