You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: SOG single coming?

James wrote:

Oklahoma is the big gun for me too. If they only release one song...please let it be that one.

More red flags would be the various covers from 2006-07 fans always wanted studio versions. If Sway, Sailing, Sonic Reducer, etc pop up.....

benny
 Rep: 0 

benny wrote:

When is the new November Rain single expected to drop?  Was there an announcement about it or where did the information come from about a new recording of November Rain?

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Apparently ballad of death is now showing up.

James

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Ugh...not a good sign at all. That's the equivalent of one of the Buckethead tracks showing up.

My hope is fading. It really is the damn algorithms.

benny wrote:

When is the new November Rain single expected to drop?  Was there an announcement about it or where did the information come from about a new recording of November Rain?

Probably November... that's when it's released.

The info on November Rain was in the press release.

It's new orchestra pasted into the old track.

I hope they did it properly.

Rhiad
 Rep: 2 

Rhiad wrote:

Thyme is now showing up in the US. Still nothing for Perhaps, Oklahoma, or Zodiac.

I'm also getting no GNR related results for Ballad Of Death.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Axl S wrote:
sp1at wrote:

but looks like an EP

This something you've heard or you just speculating like the rest of us?

Just speculating, there's nothing anywhere, even interviews are locked down, have been for months

Spotify search works on meta tags, so there has to be something on there somewhere, I assume

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Axl S wrote:
sp1at wrote:

but looks like an EP

This something you've heard or you just speculating like the rest of us?

Just speculating, there's nothing anywhere, even interviews are locked down, have been for months

Spotify search works on meta tags, so there has to be something on there somewhere, I assume

Good to know. Yeah, there has to be something in the metadata for GN'R's entry in their system as an artist and/or their tracks and albums that relates them to these search terms.

Question is - has that metadata ended up filled with shit from things like user's local files, their searches, their playlists, and/or sources online? Personally, I think that's unlikely. It would seem like a surefire way to ruin the reliability of your search feature if you're Spotify.

So, if it's an upcoming release, that's great. My other theory is - these titles have been around associated with the GN'R project for years, what if they exist on one of UMG's internal systems somewhere that Spotify connects to. But, that wouldn't explain why this starts happening now.

You got any insight into what systems a record co like UMG use and what industry platforms companies like Spotify, Apple, etc. connect to?

James

James wrote:

If any of this stuff true and we're on the verge of new material...it means that it's probably one of two things...

A surprise release

An online only release

I suppose it could be similar to Hard School but would they really release an album where it takes months to buy a physical copy?

My excitement was at a 9....Ballad of Death knocked it down to a 3.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Ugh...not a good sign at all. That's the equivalent of one of the Buckethead tracks showing up.

My hope is fading. It really is the damn algorithms.

benny wrote:

Probably November... that's when it's released.

The info on November Rain was in the press release.

It's new orchestra pasted into the old track.

I hope they did it properly.

I'm not sure I follow the logic on this one... This is a released track by DJ Ashba is it? Who was a member of GN'R? So wouldn't it be reasonable to assume an ex-GNR member would return GN'R when a track of their's is searched? If I searched a Slash's Snakepit song, would it not also recognise GN'R?

I jjst can't see how this is the same as unreleased song titles returning GN'R. To this end, I still think something is happening

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

If any of this stuff true and we're on the verge of new material...it means that it's probably one of two things...

A surprise release

An online only release

I suppose it could be similar to Hard School but would they really release an album where it takes months to buy a physical copy?

My excitement was at a 9....Ballad of Death knocked it down to a 3.

Could be online only and months later physical. Oddly, I reckon the physical release availability probably matters more these days for anniversary collections than it does for new releases.

Board footer