You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Gilby Clarke - Tijuana Jail video 2014

James wrote:

Anyone know the story behind this?!? Why do a new video for a 20 year old song at that point? I checked and I didn't see an anniversary edition or anything celebrating it.

It's not a very good version of the song... although the bass is pretty good. It's slowed down and of course no Slash.

James

James wrote:

I also saw this in the Gilby search results...

I don't remember that at all. Weird. Either the label decided to abandon the album after giving this video the green light or MTV simply wouldn't play it...maybe both.

Wrong single choice anyways...3rd single should've been either Let's Get Lost or Skin N Bones.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

The riff for Cure me or Kill me is killer. I played it for my dad and was like “listen to this it’s an old guitarist for gnr” and he loved it…until the vocals kicked in lol. I didn’t think they were that bad but I do think maybe if you’ve made your money behind the guitar don’t go behind the mic.

Will watch the vids later.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

Watched the Tijuana Jail video. Tough to say why he would do it…50k views not really a needle mover…

James

James wrote:

Yeah...Cure Me just begs to be a GNR song. Axl could've done something killer with it.

Pawnshop Guitars one of the best GNR solo albums...hell... everyone but Duff makes an appearance...but Gilby did 10 Years on Duff's Believe In Me album.

I bet he didn't like Duff's voice neither. Definitely an acquired taste... especially on that record since he's obviously wasted during its recording.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

The only time I’ve enjoyed Duff’s voice, not just tolerated, was on the one or two tracks he did on Neurotic.

Hard to believe he was the only one to pass on Gilby’s record…he’s GnR’s Switzerland.

James

James wrote:

He passed on Snakepit too.

At the time, I wished he had done it. Snakepit could've been VR 10 years before VR.  GNR with the Jellyfish guy.

It didn't have a Slither but it had some good songs.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

I could see Duff not doing Snakepit because it was a bone of contention in the Guns camp at the time. But Gilby’s was basically a GnR party.

Board footer