You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

Izzyjim wrote:

Why people so sure she's controlling his life?
Other than rumors and crazy fan theories, is there any actual evidence?

Izzyjim

Izzyjim wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

They soundchecked (a bit of) Don't Damn Me!

That would be amazing, if Axl can sing the more intense parts of Coma and YCBM, hell, maybe he can do DDM.

A bit off topic, but I've always thought it'd be interesting to hear a bluesy slowed down version of the song (even a good YouTube cover)

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:

While there's definitely some fan speculation/fan fiction that factors in to Beta/TB discussions over the years, there's no denying that his life and career did a complete 180 the moment these people entered his life. You can literally separate his career into before and after categories...and it lines up with this.

You can do it twice actually...the 90s after Beta enters his life and the downward spiral of his career and then in the 21st century when Beta and her now adult children get to manage GNR even though they don't even have the experience to manage a lemonade stand.

Anything good that happened was due to either the short period of time they had proper management (Azoff), leaks, or by luck/fluke...such as the Hard School single when Fernando said he didn't know what he was doing.

On the other hand.....

Axl has said before that they saved his life....and it's probably not hyperbole. I remember after Cornell killed himself and it came out he was alone, I thought of the Axl/TB dynamic and how if Axl is out on the ledge, he has that support system in place to prevent tragedy. If Cornell had his own version of TB, is he still alive?

While I do criticize some of their management decisions, I think they get a bit too much hate directed at them. He obviously values them for some reason even if us fans can't see it.

When those pictures of Axl in the 90s wearing a wedding ring surfaced, it made me wonder if he married her under the radar at some point but the info never surfaced.

I immediately remembered the line from Beggars and Hangers On....

Is that a noose or a wedding band

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:

In 2012, Axl's former "friend" Marc Canter started unloading all of Axl's personal issues on Mygnr, and said that Beta hated Slash more than Axl. While he clearly meant that Beta hated Slash because of how much their feud upset Axl, his comments gave fans someone to blame for there being no reunion, and the classless attention whore did nothing to clarify the situation for the years he posted on there. Fans insisted that Beta was the Yoko of the band and that TB would never allow a reunion, because Slash and Duff would never accept TB managing the band (they were of course hilariously wrong on both counts). But it stems from there. Before Marc started posting nonstop about the behind the scenes dynamics there was hatred of Beta but nothing on the level that has existed since then.

Link31
 Rep: 1 

Link31 wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

They soundchecked (a bit of) Don't Damn Me!

Haha. You can hear Duff say HEY WHAT WAS THAT? Like he didn't remember. lol

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Wow, great connect with Cornell, James. Didn’t even consider that. Dude has a strong support system, in any case. And I put zero blame on Beta. Everything is on Axl

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I think TB comes in for a lot on unwarranted stick tbh. As James said, they clearly act as a support system which Axl depends on, and ultimately that's the most important thing; I'd rather have no music and Axl in a happy place mentally, than new music with Axl wrestling with personal demons.

And you can't dispute the fact that they've achieved what no other management could; a (partial) reunion, Axl producing new(ish) music with Slash and Duff, and a world tour that ranks among the most successful of all time. I can't blame them for the issues around AFD and Hard Skool's staggered digital-physical release, since every band has had problems with vinyl manufacturing and distribution during the pandemic. And yes, they could be doing more with the archive material. It boggles the mind that they haven't released Houston '16 as a Blu-ray, and the UYI box set could definitely have more on there (where are the demos ffs?). But, whatever.

Kikkoman80

Kikkoman80 wrote:

I don't understand why they didn't make a LIVE ERA 2016-2019 cd ...  NITLT.
Also I don't understand why they don't make a DVD of one of the NITLT concerts.
I don't understand.
I don't understand.
I don't understand.
I don't understand.
I don't understand.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

At one stage there was talk of them doing a DVD of a 2016 show...there was a night they seemed to be filming it to a greater extent than the normal video walls etc.

However it didn't come to pass. The unsubstantiated rumour at the time going around was there had been some type of financial dispute between management or the band and the video company. May not be true of course but thats what people were saying back then - i forget why they thought they knew though.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James wrote:

Axl has said before that they saved his life....and it's probably not hyperbole. I remember after Cornell killed himself and it came out he was alone, I thought of the Axl/TB dynamic and how if Axl is out on the ledge, he has that support system in place to prevent tragedy. If Cornell had his own version of TB, is he still alive?

While I do criticize some of their management decisions, I think they get a bit too much hate directed at them. He obviously values them for some reason even if us fans can't see it.

Definitely seems like Team Brazil deserves credit for helping Axl become a happier person. They found the right medication and whatever else to keep him from going off the rails like he did in his prime years. They've managed to get him showing up on time for gigs the last 6 years as well. Like you said, at bare minimum they prevented him from the suicide problem we've seen with other celebrities. I know people aren't happy that the reunion has failed to deliver any legit new material, but at least the Axl & Slash feud is over.

Board footer