You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Richard talks GnR in Japanese Magazines

James wrote:

Oh, I'm not crucifying him because he comments about GNR. Its the "lets hype a dead myth" game thats getting old. Anyone with ears knows this shit isn't ground breaking, different, blah blah blah, so I really don't see the need in them continuing that pattern.

This isn't 1998. We've heard part of the record. The "greatest thing since sliced bread" dog doesn't hunt anymore.

Even Stinson finally realized in 04 that acting like the record is a gift from God only makes those who say that shit look foolish.

Sky Dog wrote:

ha ha...to further my point that the leaks may not be that similar to the final product and may not all be on the record, from Billboard today, Axl's long lost sister Courtney Love on her new album...

"Instead, Love says the Linda Perry-produced set will be turned in to the latter's Custard label by mid-July. "No 'scrapping' is going on, simply a few retakes, especially since all those recordings were leaked to the Net," Love writes.

"Don't assume you know any songs on this album," she continues. "Some may sound somewhat familiar or even have the same titles and arrangements. A few are just precious diamonds I wouldn't touch, but there's tons of new ones which you haven't a clue about."

I stand by my point that the leaks are only a rough idea of what the final product MAY sound like and that outside of the song Chinese Democracy, I don't think there are any guarantees as to what is on the tracklist.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

if this record is ever released, you know it will come around x-mas. So, in reality, Finck issues or not, they still have time to prepare a release for the end of this year.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
madagas wrote:

if this record is ever released, you know it will come around x-mas. So, in reality, Finck issues or not, they still have time to prepare a release for the end of this year.

exactly

people seem to forget that. they are not gonna release cd in a random time frame 8 weeks after it's turned or 8 weeks after thye get finck or a replacement guitarist. it will be during peek shoping time.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Jeez, what next Axl doing interviews to some magazine in China written in some obscure Chinese dialect?

Sometimes this band does my fucking head in.

If nothing comes after say August they are going to look like right TWATS. Which is probably why Robin went.

To their defence I don't really care what 'era' the music sounds like - The Black Crowes use to sound like a band out of the 60/70s and they were cool - just as long as it makes me happy. I actually think Better still sounds pretty fresh though, wish there were more songs like that.

Andrew

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Album or STFU please.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Dreamline wrote:
Neemo wrote:

a translation from google.ca in all its broken english glory 16 maybe dreamline can help us out

Didn't have much time to look at this today, but suntorytime's translation is pretty good from what I read.

To clear up/add a few little things...

thanks dreamline *karma* 22

i'm not shooting the messenger by anymeans here cuz i dont know how japanese translates to english, just adding soem thoughts

No problem.  Wish I had more time to do a full translation, but like I said suntorytime's original was pretty accurate (and certainly better than what google spit out smile )

Neemo wrote:

(about the album being finished)
"Yes, that's true.  It was finished quite awhile ago, and at the moment is in the label's hands."

definately interesting news....but i tend to side with madagas on this issue...whats to negotiate if the label has it? is it possible that hes giving the old standby comment that gnr has adopted these days? "the negotiations are in the label's hands"

You're probably right about it being the standby comment.  Without changing it to natural english, it translates directly to "the situation is that the album has already been given to the label."  Take that for what it's worth.

Neemo wrote:

(about the album)
"It's totally different from any other album and totally different from any other band.  It's definitely a very different (unprecedented) album, no doubt."

i still think hes just saying that it differs from other current material in the publix eye these days

The word that they used in this part of the article was something I'd never heard before.  Suntorytime wrote "Very heterogeneous one", but that sure as hell didn't mean anything to me. smile  So after looking it up and having a Japanese friend explain it to me, my understanding is that it means something like outside the norm, new, groundbreaking.  Maybe "unprecedented" was a stretch, but with translation from English to Japanese and back to English, this gets a little like the old playground telephone game.

Scabbie wrote:

Jeez, what next Axl doing interviews to some magazine in China written in some obscure Chinese dialect?

You guys are own your own translating that one! big_smile

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

It would be pretty if Axl had a personal translator who gave his answers in Chinese.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

another article has been translated over @ HTGTH

suntorytime wrote:

'GNR's new album already completed----3 albums to be released separately!!!'

Here're excerptions from Richard interview in Young guitar june issue.
Please keep in mind that
like the last one this is a translation of another translation. Not Richard's actual words or what in print.
and sorry about any error typo.

It's a part of an article about x japan. the interview took place on the 29th of march before the 2nd show.
the first half of the interview is about x japan and then, the interviewer goes

---I'd like to hear about your own activities as well.

Richard tells them that besides GNR, he is in the middle of song writing for his own project with a certain singer right now. And goes 'Hopefully we'll be finished with recording it by the time GNR album is released ---in a short time.'

---you have all the time in the world don't you?

Richard denies this and says
GNR had the recordings for three albums done while ago. Only, there is still some disagreement about the release with the label.

---for three albums?

Richard gives a positive reply and notes that several songs might still need the details fixed. but three albums' worth of material is already recorded. and  the three will be released separately.

---could you tell me about this new GNR album, the content and such, as far as possible?

Richard thinks it sounds classic but at the same time, it's timeless. the listeners that hear it will either love or hate it. the contents have an impact as much. Regardless of what people may think, he's very proud of the new album.

---Are you involved in writing?

About the album to be released first, the materials were mostly done by the time he joined.
although he plays on every song in there.
the succeeding album will include a few songs he wrote.

---What do you think Axl was looking to you for when he called you to the band?

Axl is excellent at bring out peoples talents. He can tell what sort of musician each of them is and who is best for what.
And he knows as how these different qualities of the members make the album more unique.

---GNR have three guitarists, who are Richard robin and Ron. Where do you see the difference in character among the three?

Robin is an incredibly soulful guitarist. And Energetic which is so to speak a very personification of GNR sound. Slash too was this kind of guitarist that in this sense robin might be filling slash role. As for Richard himself,
he talked with Izzy as he joined with GNR at many shows during recent GNR tour to know as how their backgrounds are similar, which he thinks might have been one of the reasons Axl picked him ...then again he doesn't think either he or Robin is merely a fill-in. He knows Axl didn't take them just for that.
And Ron, like bucket formerly, has an unusual musical background and style and is the new piece vital for new GNR.

---Can we expect a new release from GNR this year?

Richard replies that
he can't say anything concrete'¦.. but he thinks an announcement about the release is close. Provided that the dispute with the label about how to release the album is settled.  He bets once released it will be being closely followed by another one.

Board footer