You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Re: Slash Says Guns N’ Roses Have a ‘Couple of Epic’ Songs to Release

Blackstar wrote:

Interesting that Slash said that the other songs don't have as much history (are not as old) as Hard Skool, which "goes way back". So maybe it does date from 1996 after all, even if Slash wasn't involved in writing it.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

For fuck sake. Why is GN’R (Axl), such a shit show? Slash doesn’t know how many songs he redid? And now it’s not gonna be an album, but just a couple more songs?

What happened to all the talk about hundreds of unreleased songs, but Slash and Duff were only able to rework a half dozen of those?

And then… Slash says they’ll start work on a new album AFTER next year’s Summer tour? So what, start in late 2023? Only to finally come out in 2030???

Fuck these guys (Axl), move slow.

They should’ve been doing all the shit while the world was in lockdown and they couldn’t tour for close to 2 years.

Bloody hopeless.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I would guess there’s been music made. Don’t know about studio sessions, but that’s how these guys work, passing tapes around.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

They should’ve been doing all the shit while the world was in lockdown and they couldn’t tour for close to 2 years

This reminds me of Bri's stance on this crap...

What GNR did during the lockdowns would tell us all we need to know on how things would play out the rest of the way.

Now we know.

No album...handful of songs tweaked...and more touring...lots of touring.

I'm still optimistic....but it's grounded in reality. We know we're not getting an album now....so I'll no longer expect one.

We're probably getting 3-4 songs over the next 6-9 months...with November Rain coming first.

I prefer getting small prizes over promising the moon but never delivering.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:

Slash saying that he doesn't know how many songs he recorded just two years ago is not convincing at all. That part makes me think that they recorded more than four tracks and it's either a compromise (as suggested earlier) or Axl has been undecided about releasing them all. Maybe he's afraid that some of the songs won't be received well.

James

James wrote:
Blackstar wrote:

Interesting that Slash said that the other songs don't have as much history (are not as old) as Hard Skool, which "goes way back". So maybe it does date from 1996 after all, even if Slash wasn't involved in writing it.

Yeah it probably does...and is why it wasn't on CD and also why Merck had a massive conniption fit when Razz leaked that clip.

They didn't want it out there.

James

James wrote:
Blackstar wrote:

Slash saying that he doesn't know how many songs he recorded just two years ago is not convincing at all. That part makes me think that they recorded more than four tracks and it's either a compromise (as suggested earlier) or Axl has been undecided about releasing them all. Maybe he's afraid that some of the songs won't be received well.

If they want this shit received well, you'd think at least one person could suggest they....

Promote it?!? 18

He probably has no idea how the songs will launch or even what will launch.

Two singles by themselves...two songs obviously.

Two singles and B sides....that's four to six.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

For fuck sake. Why is GN’R (Axl), such a shit show? Slash doesn’t know how many songs he redid? And now it’s not gonna be an album, but just a couple more songs?

What happened to all the talk about hundreds of unreleased songs, but Slash and Duff were only able to rework a half dozen of those?

And then… Slash says they’ll start work on a new album AFTER next year’s Summer tour? So what, start in late 2023? Only to finally come out in 2030???

Fuck these guys (Axl), move slow.

They should’ve been doing all the shit while the world was in lockdown and they couldn’t tour for close to 2 years.

Bloody hopeless.

LOL, this is the only "band" that has fucking problems recording and releasing music at this point.  Even bands with a quarter of the money and notoriety know how to operate this basic action.

I guess he may want to record new music with the band but I'm doubtful these guys can write anything decent without Izzy.

I guess the 2-4 new songs would be ok as long as they aren't the quality of Absurd.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Good news for the rest of the CD/Leaks.

I liked Absurd and Hardschool, so it's nice to think of another 4-6 of those kinda things being drip fed as we go.

As for a fresh album newly recorded. In theory it's a killer idea. But I have reservations...like:

1. What will Axl's voice be like?

2. Does slash have inspiration? Hopefully going for a GNR sound breaks up the way the last couple of Myles projects have dropped quality from the early ones.

3. What's the timeline on getting it done, given it's GNR, and given Axl would have to create stuff from scratch. I mean if they arn't going to even start till post 2023 tour...that's best case of starting writing/recording 2023-early 2024....it's hard to think that this is something that would show up before at least 2025 if not 2026 and given it's GNR maybe longer.

That said...the fact he was positive about doing a record and not like "it's GNR anything might happen man, who knows, it's guns the sky could impode, who can say" is actually super exciting itself. Suggests they have at least in principle discussed that as an idea.

In the meantime, roll on the drip feed, I just want State of Grace!!!!!!

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

monkeychow wrote:

Good news for the rest of the CD/Leaks.

I liked Absurd and Hardschool, so it's nice to think of another 4-6 of those kinda things being drip fed as we go.

As for a fresh album newly recorded. In theory it's a killer idea. But I have reservations...like:

1. What will Axl's voice be like?

2. Does slash have inspiration? Hopefully going for a GNR sound breaks up the way the last couple of Myles projects have dropped quality from the early ones.

3. What's the timeline on getting it done, given it's GNR, and given Axl would have to create stuff from scratch. I mean if they arn't going to even start till post 2023 tour...that's best case of starting writing/recording 2023-early 2024....it's hard to think that this is something that would show up before at least 2025 if not 2026 and given it's GNR maybe longer.

That said...the fact he was positive about doing a record and not like "it's GNR anything might happen man, who knows, it's guns the sky could impode, who can say" is actually super exciting itself. Suggests they have at least in principle discussed that as an idea.

In the meantime, roll on the drip feed, I just want State of Grace!!!!!!

1. Perfectly fine. In studio he can do multiple takes, he's rested and not running around on stage. Rock The Rock sounded perfectly good.

2. Yes. The riffs on his solo albums are great. Couple that with some Axl-penned lyrics and it'll be magic.

3. That's the big question, isn't it?

A newly-written and recorded album is all I've ever wanted from this band. It sounds like they're clearing out the Chinese leftovers from the archives before they move on.

Board footer