You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Re: Kings Of Chaos

Kikkoman80 wrote:

But in my opinion the song is good.
Then I found myself hearing the VR sound.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It's not that the song really sucks or anything....it's just a paint by numbers standard, generic rock song that could've been released by any mediocre rock band.

In fact....thousands of songs just like it could be found on myspace circa 2006-07.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

*if* it sounds like VR, it sounds like VR pre Weiland (watch the VH1 doc). Even worse, the lyrics are the type which Duff absolutely shits on with one of the first singer auditions. Yuck.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Vale wrote:

I actually liked some of his tunes on The Sea, but this is just embarrassing. The lyrics, the trying too hard, the trying to imitate Scott's phrasing, the video... Back when VR broke up and Scott seemed to clash with Matt the most, Scott complaint about Matt's ego and desire to sing throughout all the songs. Well, who would have a guessed that the first VR song post-Scott would have Matt on lead vocals 10

Myself  I have a Ton of respect for Matt, he's my fav GNR drummer and a badass in VR, I love him - but I do think he belongs behind the kit not upfront.

Indeed, I thought of scotts words too:

As for our fans I will sweat, bruise, and bleed for you. And will continue to do so until the end of this tour. However, you deserve to hear VELVET REVOLVER playing not certain individuals singing along to get a muddied up sound. God forbid could one imagine if I grabbed a guitar and started soloing along with Slash? That would never happen because I know my place. It's a shame we were a gang. But ego and jealousy can get the better of anyone. I wish the best and plan to annihilate the stage in the last few shows.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

Are there any videos that show Matt being overly ambitious on vocals in the final days of vr?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I don’t understand Scott’s beef with Matt. Matt always sang backing vocals at VR shows, right from the beginning. I thought he added some really nice harmonies when he did it too. I think Scott was just getting paranoid towards the end of their run.

As for the vocals, while it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, I don’t think they are terrible by any means. Matt even said that he was trying to channel Lemmy with his voice, after Lemmy heard the demo and said he wanted to sing on the track.

I also feel like with the VR split, these songs are just sitting around gathering dust, because everyone else moved on and has no intention of revisiting this stuff. So if Matt wants to put them out, good for him.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I don’t understand Scott’s beef with Matt. Matt always sang backing vocals at VR shows, right from the beginning. I thought he added some really nice harmonies when he did it too. I think Scott was just getting paranoid towards the end of their run.

As for the vocals, while it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, I don’t think they are terrible by any means. Matt even said that he was trying to channel Lemmy with his voice, after Lemmy heard the demo and said he wanted to sing on the track.

I also feel like with the VR split, these songs are just sitting around gathering dust, because everyone else moved on and has no intention of revisiting this stuff. So if Matt wants to put them out, good for him.

On a similar sentiment, I would hope Tommy is able to put out Goin Down at some point. I love the demo.

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Kikkoman80 wrote:

Each of us thinks as he wants.
Saw a 95 or 96 jam session with Slash, Duff, and Matt.
A simple jam session that is simply fantastic.
A fantastic trio.
Anything that goes out with them is fine with me.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

metallex78 wrote:

It's incredibly annoying that there's a collection of decent riffs composed by half of GN'R just sitting there because Axl wants to tinker with old Chinese Democracy demos.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

It's incredibly annoying that there's a collection of decent riffs composed by half of GN'R just sitting there because Axl wants to tinker with old Chinese Democracy demos.

This. SO MUCH THIS!!!!

It’s madness right???

Board footer