You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Trump is currently cheering Republican defeats. Anyone who votes for this guy is an idiot

Earlier I saw where he threatened to leak a bunch of unknown info on Desantis if he runs in two years.

Crazy.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

His candidates are losing easy races. It’s just boring at this point. I don’t see much he could do to DeSantis. I haven’t seen this level of anger towards him from republicans tonight. His base are basically fangirls right now.

DeSantis victory was massive tonight. That’s all anyone is talking about on SM.

James

James wrote:

Another thing ID...

Yeah I'm already seeing "Fascism is coming" on the politics sub.

I also saw people complaining about why aren't more people voting for Warnock. I guess they conveniently forgot how this guy two years ago promised 2k checks if you voted for him.

Guess what you didn't get after voting for him?!?

Didn't this guy also funnel a bunch of stimulus money to his church?

Yet these people on the politics sub act like all these GOP candidates are fascists while their opponents are pure as the driven snow.

James

James wrote:

Beto lost... again.

Why do they keep running this guy? He destroyed any chance of ever winning in Texas when he made that comment about taking all the guns.

Boebert is losing. Thank God. I want all the morons out on both sides. It's what's fueling all the extremism and division.

Abrams lost. I ask again...why keep running this same person?

misterID

misterID wrote:

Beto is the Kaepernick of politics. They just can’t let him go no matter how much he sucks.

The fact they couldn’t get candidates to beat Fetterman or Warnock says everything that’s wrong with Trumpism. Primary wins do not translate to election wins. Candidates matter.

James

James wrote:

Georgia may be going to a runoff. The online strategy in preparation for it has already begun...

They're mocking Walker over abortion.

Funny how their love or hatred of abortion depends on who is getting the abortion.

Now I see why it wasn't the doomsday issue for the GOP predicted months ago...those whining the loudest don't genuinely care one way or the other.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Beto lost... again.

Why do they keep running this guy? He destroyed any chance of ever winning in Texas when he made that comment about taking all the guns.

Boebert is losing. Thank God. I want all the morons out on both sides. It's what's fueling all the extremism and division.

I have no idea why Beto and Abrams keep on running.  Yeah, it's nice that they come close but at some point you gotta win.  I'm rooting for a Boebert loss as well, she's a moron.

So what happened to the red wave that was supposed to be happen today?  Bad polling?  Bad candidates ?  Or the message wasn't as strong as it should have been.  I don't blame Trump that much oddly enough.

Oh, gotta mention this it's incredible to me how quickly Florida went from a swing state to solid red in 2-3 election cycles.

I'm rooting for Walker to lose as well. Sorry the guy's a moron who is only there because he's famous.

James

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Beto lost... again.

I have no idea why Beto and Abrams keep on running.  Yeah, it's nice that they come close but at some point you gotta win.  I'm rooting for a Boebert loss as well, she's a moron.

So what happened to the red wave that was supposed to be happen today?  Bad polling?  Bad candidates ?  Or the message wasn't as strong as it should have been.  I don't blame Trump that much oddly enough.

Oh, gotta mention this it's incredible to me how quickly Florida went from a swing state to solid red in 2-3 election cycles.

I'm rooting for Walker to lose as well. Sorry the guy's a moron who is only there because he's famous.

After the abortion fiasco, I started expecting a blue wave. Now I realize how off the mark that was. The left doesn't care about it as much as they let on...Pelosi campaigning for pro-life candidates was the first sign... mocking Republican abortions while cheering liberal abortions was the second sign.

An abortion is an abortion. Period. The fetus doesn't care which ticket is being voted for.

With inflation getting out of hand, the fucked up supply lines, etc started making me think a red wave might come after all...it usually does in mid terms.

I think we're seeing the conditions of a completely divided country. Changes are happening but it may even out to about the same across the board when it's all decided.

It's hard keeping up online. I may switch to watching it on the news.

Yeah Walker is a moron but so is his opposition. He got in by literally buying votes with imaginary 2k checks.  He laughed all the way to the bank. I want to see his smile turned upside down.

Edit

it's incredible to me how quickly Florida went from a swing state to solid red in 2-3 election cycles.

Texas too. Dems were talking about it possibly going blue two years ago...now Abott is in the driver's seat for another term.

I question how much they really believed it could flip considering they thought it was a good idea to run Beto for Gov.

misterID

misterID wrote:

All of Trump’s candidates are losing except for Vance. Strong candidates lost primaries who would have easily won the general election. I can already see on Twitter tonight the DeSantis vs Trump war is going to be a bloodbath. Trump supporters literally have no argument but to accuse everyone of having TDS and claiming he never lost the election so he can’t be a loser.

misterID

misterID wrote:

It should be noted DeSantis victory was pretty historic, winning areas Republicans never win.

Especially the Hispanic vote, and not just Cubans

Board footer