You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

At least this year they had the excuse of the UYI box. If nothing is released in 2023, I'm at the point where I'm just going to stop checking the forums, or even hoping for anything. If something happens It'll be a pleasant surprise like the leaks.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Ive been pretty much checked out since Ron was fired lol ... assume that nothing will be reeleased and you won't be disappointed

GnR just bein GnR

It's so easy to be social
Its so easy to be cool
It's easy to be hungry
when u aint got shit to lose

I wish that I could help you
With what you hope to find
But I'm still out here, waiting
Watching reruns of my life

Ah the prophetic lyrics of our mesiah Axl

SlashMcKagan
 Rep: 0 

SlashMcKagan wrote:

It won't bother me, I'm a fan, have been since I was 12 years old in '87 and that won't change even if they release nothing ever again. Anyway there is a lot of music by amazing bands the music last forever 3

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
SlashMcKagan wrote:

It won't bother me, I'm a fan, have been since I was 12 years old in '87 and that won't change even if they release nothing ever again. Anyway there is a lot of music by amazing bands the music last forever 3

I wouldn't have a problem with Axl never writing music again. My problem is him refusing to release completed music.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

2023 will be the 15th anniversary of ChiDem.

Release a box set with a crapton of demos/alternate mixes and the radio edits of “Chinese Democracy” and “Street of Dreams” plus a surround-sound BluRay of the released album.

They could easily stuff 12 or 15 CDs with leaks we already have. Imagine them filling 20 discs in all.

The NITL tour has introduced several cuts like the title track to millions of new people. The Rolling Stone article has positioned the leaks in a new light so there is bound to be curiosity among the general public. “Hear all of the legendary cuts you read about in Rolling Stone” is an advertising line that writes itself.

Include the art and essays from the grenade/red hand (Bb/Cc?) unreleased CDs.

Top it off with BluRays or DVDs of the New Year’s Y2K and Rock in Rio shows.

At that point, Axl can name his price. All that stuff, in perfect audio fidelity, plus the satisfaction of paying the band for things we heard, or heard about, AND a satisfying conclusion to the ChiDem saga that proves Axl and company were right all along?

$500? $1,000?

Name your price, Axl.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

They'll never do a major Chinese Democracy release while the NITL line-up is a going concern, for the same reason they wouldn't release Slash/Duff stuff while the Chinese Democracy line-up was a going concern. It muddies the waters too much for casuals.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Make the box set a limited edition with an eye toward $1 million in sales.

2,000 copies at $500 or 1,000 copies at $1,000. The Fear Of Missing Out element will be insane. Sold out in hours.

If the price tag is high enough, Axl and TB will be interested. I doubt Duff and Slash would care if they get a percentage for use of the band name (not sure if Axl owns it outright or not?).

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Don't remember if I mentioned it in a thread recently or if I said it to someone specifically but yeah...

2023 is the home stretch for me. There are no more excuses. I get it....it's a nostalgia act and always will be. Money is the prime motivator. It is what it is.

We know they're sitting on an albums worth of songs and reworked a handful of them.

If they don't release that handful by this summer....I'm done. They're not worth following if unwilling/unable to release what they've already talked about releasing.

I also realize they don't give a shit if hardcore fans walk away. We don't matter anymore.

I wish they had just announced years ago that they have no desire to release anything. At least we'd know where they stand. Im sick of the dangling a carrot strategy.

Fuck...the 80 year old Stones are about to release a new album...and these guys can't?!?

elevendayempire wrote:

They'll never do a major Chinese Democracy release while the NITL line-up is a going concern, for the same reason they wouldn't release Slash/Duff stuff while the Chinese Democracy line-up was a going concern. It muddies the waters too much for casuals.

Sadly this is true.

The most we will get is a handful of reworked tracks with Slash and Duff added.

The ship sailed in 2015 on fans ever getting CD II or some sort of box set.

Everything will be tied to Axl, Slash, and Duff from here on out.

Edit

I'm also sick of them acting like they don't know how to release an album in today's culture. It's insulting to our intelligence.

Here's now....

Upload to Spotify, YouTube, etc

Have physical product links on the official site

How hard was that?!?

We already know you guys aren't going to do a major promo blitz...so that makes it even easier!

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I’m a firm believer if you’re here now, you’re here until you or the forums die.

Like Boston sports talk radio, the negativity keeps us going.

Sky Dog wrote:

Ha ha….agree

Board footer