You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

I was done when that dipshit DJ came into the band.

I was like that’s lame, bye Axl.

Then the reunion was cool.

But, no new album?

I mean what a waste. A failure on the amateur management too.

Until they got a new album I’m not interested. Won’t buy a ticket. Ticket prices are insane these days too.

It’s pathetic that they couldn’t bang 1 or 2 albums out.

If you’re going to be an oldies band own it, if not fuck off.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

It’s just a shame that the once greatest rock band EVER, can’t find a way to put something out, aside from 20 year old rehashed songs, and even that seems all too hard for them. But why…? The last great rock guitar hero is there, the once greatest rock vocalist/lyricist ever is there. Why is it so damn difficult…???

This dangling carrot of something new coming, was tiring decades ago, and it’s just getting pathetic now.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I’m a firm believer if you’re here now, you’re here until you or the forums die.

Pretty much this for me.

I mean we've done two seperate near 15 year stretches without content....I'm not about to throw in the towel now...as Uncle Owen tells me...it's only one more season 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yea that's what u said when Biggs and Tank left

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Yea that's what u said when Biggs and Tank left

Exactly. Response of the year. Time to shut down 2022. Happy new year, people!

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

I wish they had just announced years ago that they have no desire to release anything. At least we'd know where they stand. Im sick of the dangling a carrot strategy.

This.

There are plenty of bands and artists who don't release new material and just tour and their fans don't mind. Sure, they may hope for new stuff but they don't have an expectation - so they don't get frustrated by it.

At this point there's been years of the dangling of the CD 2 carrot. Some of these songs were even. dangled prior to Chinese (Atlas, Oklahoma and The General)!

In January this past year, Slash said there would be more new music in June/July time and then after that fell through he later discussed the plans for releasing this extra handful of songs in October and said "over the next few months" and then started discussing recording a new album for scratch in the second half of next year!

If 2023 goes by without anything then I think I quit following and will see them one last time when they announce a "Last Ever" type tour.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Some of these songs were even. dangled prior to Chinese (Atlas, Oklahoma and The General)!

We've been hearing about Oklahoma for 23 years

The General for what...18-19 years?!?

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Not quite. If the band releases something 2024 of course I'm gonna listen.

The other thing of course is a FULL reunion. I'd love to see Axl Slash Duff Izzy and Steve play again. In fact, if they are playing Glastonbury that would have been a really cool idea although impossible to get tickets

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Not quite. If the band releases something 2024 of course I'm gonna listen.

The other thing of course is a FULL reunion. I'd love to see Axl Slash Duff Izzy and Steve play again. In fact, if they are playing Glastonbury that would have been a really cool idea although impossible to get tickets

I think, with Glastonbury, they normally announce in March, so I would expect everything to be announced at that time or leading up to it.

I think, with the unreleased material, the label will probably use it for promotional purposes, so it'll be between the announcements and the tour dates. I'm just guessing, but it's the logical thing to do

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Logical...is that what we are banking on now? Lol big_smile

Board footer