You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Lelez95
 Rep: 0 

Re: What song do you hope are going to be the four song slash talked about

Lelez95 wrote:

Realistically talking if we do get any song,is going to be one that was already recorded with vocals, so probably atlas perhaps and state of grace are good guesses.
I'd love to get me and my Elvis and the general.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

It'll be Atlas, Perhaps, State of Grace and Oh My God, I reckon.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

This seems unlikely after they already sampled part of it for hardskool , but I  would love a version of Eye On You - I know the Mac Daddy stuff is a bit off for people but the verse melody before it is worth saving in some form I think.

Other than that I agree with the post above that those 4 are the most likely candidates. I'm pretty keen for State of Grace out of that list.

Lelez95

Lelez95 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Wasn't oh my god already officially released?
I know is not on Spotify or doesn't appear on any official GNR album but its on a soundtrack isn't it?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Lelez95 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I know is not on Spotify or doesn't appear on any official GNR album but its on a soundtrack isn't it?

Axl never saw it as a "finished" release, the record company effectively jumped the gun, overruled him and pushed a demo out. IIRC they've rehearsed OMG on this tour, and it's one of the tracks that he was tinkering with all through the Chinese Democracy era.

And there's precedent for multiple versions of a track being released; the original release of Knockin' On Heaven's Door on the Days of Thunder soundtrack is subtly different from the version that ended up on Use Your Illusion II.

Lelez95

Lelez95 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Lelez95 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Axl never saw it as a "finished" release, the record company effectively jumped the gun, overruled him and pushed a demo out. IIRC they've rehearsed OMG on this tour, and it's one of the tracks that he was tinkering with all through the Chinese Democracy era.

And there's precedent for multiple versions of a track being released; the original release of Knockin' On Heaven's Door on the Days of Thunder soundtrack is subtly different from the version that ended up on Use Your Illusion II.

It actually makes sense and I have to say I'd be glad if that was the case.
I like the song as it is but it sure could use some polishing.
It would kind of suck tho cause it means we get the same thing twice while instead we could get something "new"

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I hope there is another Oh My God because the one we got is a mess. The verses are fantastic, about as good as anything GN'R ever did, and Axl sounds killer. Then comes the chorus and you go wtf? Just doesn't fit with the overall vibe of the song.

Lelez95

Lelez95 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I hope there is another Oh My God because the one we got is a mess. The verses are fantastic, about as good as anything GN'R ever did, and Axl sounds killer. Then comes the chorus and you go wtf? Just doesn't fit with the overall vibe of the song.

If they were to put it out, I don't think the actual chorus would change, it would receive  the hard skool treatment. But I agree, if the song had a better chorus it would be an absolute favourite.

Sky Dog wrote:

The thought of them re-releasing OMG makes me nauseous. Absurd was bad enough. Release a normal catchy rock track that fits their 60 year old style. Atlas or Perhaps make the most sense unless you have vocals on Oklahoma or Me and My Elvis (which I am quite certain they do)

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

OMG is some of Axl's most badass lyrics though, i hate the guitars on the end of days version...but lyrically and vocally it's awesome.

Given there was a bucket/bumble (forget which it is) version floating around about 5 years back as a leak...I'd say it's still on the short list to make a return....it's a weird style sure but so was Absurd previously.

Board footer