You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

polluxlm wrote:

I just saw that Metallica clip. Fuck me. I mean they were always whores but that was a new low. We should be grateful Axl isn't taking it to that level.

Used to be serious artists didn't want to be caught dead with some corporate performer. Bon Jovi got a reality check when he wanted to do something with Bruce Springsteen and was flatly turned down. Imagine Pantera doing a show with Britney Spears in the late 90s, unthinkable. That's the level Metallica are now playing at.

Carrie Underwood is not exactly the end of the world but she's doing country music and she's not known for much besides being pretty. She sings alright I guess. If it was Garth Brooks okay...

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Imagine Pantera doing a show with Britney Spears in the late 90s, unthinkable.

That would be amazing! big_smile

Seriously though, she's not a new mainstream artist or the latest sensation so that comparison is not fair,  IMO.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I see it as positive sign Axl is in a good mood.

Like bad mood Axl gets into some dispute with the label/media/forums/someone and vanishes for 2-3 years. Bad mood Axl doesn't turn up at other shows and events too often.

Happy Axl is more likely to do something fun like release some more music when they tour this year.

So in that sense. if he's having fun then it's all good.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

The whole "Metallica shouldn't play with Lady Gaga" nonsense is tiresome playground shit. Like 15-year-old metalhead kids lurking in the corner of the cafeteria sneering at the popular girls. Grow the fuck up.

She's a rock/metal fan, she's got a ridiculous set of pipes, why shouldn't she sing with them?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, I don’t really liken Metallica playing with Gaga, to Pantera playing with Britney.

Sure, they’re both pop singers, but Gaga is every bit an artist in what she does. And really, she got up and added backing vocals to a Metallica song. It wasn’t as though they busted into Poker Face or something…

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Back on the topic of Axl with Carrie, I don’t really get it either. But like Monkey said, a “happy, appearing in public, and on stage” Axl is a good Axl to have, rather than a “disappearing for years recluse” Axl.

Here’s hoping that stuff like this, and the Glastonbury appearance, may mean we might get some new stuff this year…

elevendayempire

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, I don’t really liken Metallica playing with Gaga, to Pantera playing with Britney.

Sure, they’re both pop singers, but Gaga is every bit an artist in what she does. And really, she got up and added backing vocals to a Metallica song. It wasn’t as though they busted into Poker Face or something…

Yeah, it's actually more like "the 15-year-old metalheads sneering at the glee club drama geek while mistaking her for the popular girls..."

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Artists write their own songs. Lady Gaga sings, does appeals for Hillary Clinton and shows off her ass.

If you want to talk about voice we can mention Mariah Carey. Now she can actually sing, but that is still no excuse to do a collaboration. You can put Pavarotti in there and it would still just be weird and wrong.

What is more typical of 15 year old boys it to say these chicks are great artists because they look good.

elevendayempire

polluxlm wrote:

Artists write their own songs. Lady Gaga sings, does appeals for Hillary Clinton and shows off her ass.

Stefani Germanotta literally started her career as a songwriter for pop acts before she came up with the Lady Gaga persona. A casual glance at the ASCAP registry shows dozens of songwriting credits under her name.

"In addition to writing all the tracks on her album, GaGa has previously written for Fergie, the Pussycat Dolls, Britney Spears and New Kids on the Block."

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-n … ry-267810/

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

They give writing credits to Taylor Swift as well. But the common theme is a bunch of industry people are credited as co writers one every damn song. They are the real writers, along with the producers. Imagine if every song on a GN'R album was written by somebody not in the band? Take a look at a Prince album, the type of writer they are trying to pass off Lady Gaga as, he wrote most of his songs all on his own, like a real song writer does.

Gaga and Swift might write some half assed lyrics, doesn't take much today, but the songs are clearly not written by them.

Board footer