You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Re: Slash/Myles

Kikkoman80 wrote:

I wanted to know if the project will resume?

Kikkoman80

Kikkoman80 wrote:

Sorry for error

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If it does resume...and it probably will....that is not good news for GNR fans.

If he's devoting chunks of time and effort to a solo project... whether it's touring and/or new music, it means nothing substantial is happening on the GNR front.

If there were big plans(laugh laugh) to release a GNR album, promote it, and tour it, that's at least 2 years.

The window is getting smaller. If they're going to seriously do an album/tour cycle, we're running out of precious time to waste.

I'm amazed that he still does the solo thing. It must be a creative outlet for him because the money is chump change compared to the GNR cash.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm not sure.

Myles is one of the most easy going people in rock, so you could imagine it going forever without any drama amongst the bandmates.

On the other hand, creatively I wonder if it's diminishing returns. I was a huge fan of their first few outings, but I felt the more recent records were somewhat repetitive.

I thought the project worked best when slash wasn't in GNR - then he could play their originals mixed with GNR/VR/Snakepit to be like a personal slash-best-of show. Now he is back with GNR it puts a lot of pressure on their original content.

Myles is also 53 so you have to wonder at what age the punishing vocal range gets tiresome or he just gets sick of the road. But assuming Myles is good to go, I'd imagine Slash doing stadiums with GNR and smaller shows for kicks with Myles until we all get old.

A part of me wishes he would go in a new direction though. I loved GNR, I loved Snakepit, i loved VR, I loved Conspirators...but the last few records...I dunno maybe i'm just getting too old but it just didn't seem as inspired as the first stuff they did.

Kikkoman80

Kikkoman80 wrote:

Yes...Disc 4 is bad...I just wanted RIVER IS RISING with WORLD ON FIRE production, their best album in my opinion.
Let's not talk about VELVET REVOLVER...sometimes I really miss them. At concerts VELVET REVOLVER were the only ones who made me try to stand in front of a band. With Guns I was there for Slash, Axl, Duff. Slash and Myles for the two of them. Axl 2006, just for him. VELVET REVOLVER, band .

Board footer