You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

Scabbie wrote:

And Foos just announced new album June 2nd. No messing about there!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Can they at least plan something for Record Store Day?

No.

We saw how Absurd/Hard School was rolled out that they would be unable to make any RSD deadline.

The record label would have to do everything from point A to point Z. That's the only way a RSD release is anything other than champagne wishes and caviar dreams.

It's really sad. Out of my favorite bands, they are literally the only one incapable of a RSD release.

Listening to the same GNR tunes over and over gets old.

I don't listen to them at all.... other than last year with the Ritz. Hell...I didn't even properly digest the Vegas show. Once I got burnt out on the Ritz, I was done.

Metallica has a new album...Stones placing one on the launch pad.... Soundgarden and Vicki Cornell just buried the hatchet which will clear the way for a Soundgarden swan song.

Dead bands and 80 year olds more productive than GNR.

I turn 48 in a week. Hard to believe between the ages of 18 and now, my favorite band released a grand total of ONE album...and we only got that thanks to Irving Azoff...who was then shit on by the fan base.

I used to find the Chinese Democracy saga fascinating. Used to love reading CD Whispers.

Now I find the whole thing laughable. It's like a bad sitcom that was in desperate need of cancelation.

What I once thought of as mysterious and intriguing was actually a jumbled mess of mismanagement and  incompetence.

A trilogy that buries AFD and we gotta get it in stages because it's too advanced for us old timers living in the past?!?

pee-wee-herman.gif

Can't believe I ever fell for any of it.

It was nothing but a 20 year bait and switch. Dangle Chinese to get your ass to buy a ticket and once you get through the door....you get AFD shoved down your throat.

If you want GNR excitement and mystery you gotta go back to the UYI saga to find it.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I would not mind if we get some new GN’R songs from Artificial Intelligence.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

AI Hendrix

James

James wrote:

Yeah this stuff is about to flood the industry.

Like John Oates mentioned...the music world will never be the same.

Dawn of a new era....and yeah we're eventually going to see AI GNR.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Can they at least plan something for Record Store Day?

No.

We saw how Absurd/Hard School was rolled out that they would be unable to make any RSD deadline.

The record label would have to do everything from point A to point Z. That's the only way a RSD release is anything other than champagne wishes and caviar dreams.

It's really sad. Out of my favorite bands, they are literally the only one incapable of a RSD release.

Listening to the same GNR tunes over and over gets old.

I don't listen to them at all.... other than last year with the Ritz. Hell...I didn't even properly digest the Vegas show. Once I got burnt out on the Ritz, I was done.

Metallica has a new album...Stones placing one on the launch pad.... Soundgarden and Vicki Cornell just buried the hatchet which will clear the way for a Soundgarden swan song.

Dead bands and 80 year olds more productive than GNR.

I turn 48 in a week. Hard to believe between the ages of 18 and now, my favorite band released a grand total of ONE album...and we only got that thanks to Irving Azoff...who was then shit on by the fan base.

I used to find the Chinese Democracy saga fascinating. Used to love reading CD Whispers.

Now I find the whole thing laughable. It's like a bad sitcom that was in desperate need of cancelation.

What I once thought of as mysterious and intriguing was actually a jumbled mess of mismanagement and  incompetence.

A trilogy that buries AFD and we gotta get it in stages because it's too advanced for us old timers living in the past?!?

https://media.tenor.com/aGsM5RXi34oAAAA … herman.gif

Can't believe I ever fell for any of it.

It was nothing but a 20 year bait and switch. Dangle Chinese to get your ass to buy a ticket and once you get through the door....you get AFD shoved down your throat.

If you want GNR excitement and mystery you gotta go back to the UYI saga to find it.

I'm close but not at this point yet.  But yeah at some point, childhood memories/adolescence can only take you so far when you treat your fanbase like total retards.  And just don't release stuff at all.  Even dead bands and old farts treat their fanbase with more respect that as you noted on those 2 fronts.

James

James wrote:

I know I'm being pretty negative.... my fandom is obviously at its lowest point yet. The whole thing is just beyond ridiculous.

I checked mygnr for shits and giggles. The malaise there is about the same. Hell...I saw that guy GNR Chris....who I remember from years ago at GNR Truth as one of the most positive members....and he's fed up with this crap too.

When fans like that are even throwing their hands up in the air....it's not a good sign for a bands online communities.

It would be like what back in the day we called "nutswingers" turning on the band. It's not really surprising though. It reached a point where none of this can be defended. You'd have to be trolling to defend any of the band's decisions.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I've been pretty negative on the situation for a while...I've lost all faith

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

HTGTH is practically empty

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Remember that time in 2006 when Axl showed up at Derek Trucks' show at the Roxy and hung out with them afterwards? Five years ago, members of the Big Damn Band shed a little more light on how it was to hang out with him in Trucks' tour bus. They mention how they were wary at the time to spill the beans to the media despite numerous call-ups around the world. A lot of fans have disliked their story, because it paints Ax in a little... unfavorable light.

https://pca.st/eh1qwdxz#t=1592

Do I believe their story? In essence, yes. They met Axl, for sure. They remember his then-age correctly (44yrs). He was interested in getting Derek to play on CD. This was in February, a few months before Ron was begged to join the band. All that stuff checks out in terms of timelines.

They describe Axl as pretty easygoing at first. During the afterparty, he takes in loads of Patron tequila. No more Mr Nice Guy. After some left-field events like a call from his stepsister Amy Bailey to inform him of a newborn nephew/niece, Axl storms into Derek's tour bus, where the others have already gathered. He insists everybody listens to some CD tracks. His abrasiveness kills the mood and he intimidates everybody. Derek's wife passes out, the BDB members scuffle out at the first opportunity. Derek is left alone with Axl. He manages to loose Axl at the parking lot and hides under a car. Axl's handlers presumably find him wandering around, utterly wasted, hollering at the out-of-sight Derek.

It's a rare and, I'd say, pretty believable look into his mindscape in that era. That's likely the routine TB have had to deal with repeatedly when he's had too much to drink in a social setting. Had he presented the offer differently, Derek might've even guested on CD. But this is how Axl rolls. It's sort of amazing that he got people like Bucket to join the band in the first place. Has he really changed that much since? I doubt. It's something of a miracle he's kept the touring act together all these years.

Board footer