You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

otto wrote:
James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Those leaks in 06 of Catcher and the older versions of TWAT and IRS. That same source was a six song disc/tape transfer that included Hard School, Atlas and Prostitute.

Do you guys remember the shit storm when that CITR clip leaked out in the open? It wasn't supposed to....the clip only existed to use as trade bait.

It took weeks for it to finally leak in full....and it was leaked begrudgingly.

Razz leaking the "checkmate" clip caused a massive shit storm.

These two leaks were showing that there was more material out there....and the lowly plebs weren't supposed to know that.

Look how long it took to finally get Checkmate/Hard School out in the open.

By the way....there was more than one disc.

That's what those two leaks were on the verge of exposing publicly....and had to be shut down.

Yes.... people are going to die with this stuff in their cold, dead hands.

In reality....the fan base is lucky to have gotten as much material as they have.

At least two versions of a finished CD circulated by mid January to June 2001 between Universal execs on what would be GNR major markets at the time (Latin America, Japan, US and UK). During 2002 another version, with added songs was auditioned to promoters prior to the tour.

After the tour cancellation, it was dead silent until 2004 prior to Rock In Rio Lisbon, where the same tracklist with additional instrumentation was circulated again.

Dead silence again until 2006 where multiple mixes and tracklists were circulated with execs and promoters, again.

I believe most of these are in the hands of hoarders and definitely there are people who have it (promoters, execs, PAs, ARs) all around the world who don't even value these or know they are sought after as they received it from basically all major acts.

I know for a fact that a few people in Brazil have a 2001, a 2004 and two 2006 discs. There's definitely more out there.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Axl's voice is too iconic for these to end up in a dust bin.

Remember in 2002 when Elvis has a #1 hit with "A Little Less Conversation"

Eventually this stuff will be released in some format you'd think, hopefully by the band on an offical release.

But possibly by fernando's great great grandkids working with the artists of that day, or possibly next time someone finds a tape in a drawer after a hire in the congo or something. Maybe when Indiana Jones is digging up the remains of our civilisation.

Eventually they will come out. Everything does.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
otto wrote:
James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Those leaks in 06 of Catcher and the older versions of TWAT and IRS. That same source was a six song disc/tape transfer that included Hard School, Atlas and Prostitute.

Do you guys remember the shit storm when that CITR clip leaked out in the open? It wasn't supposed to....the clip only existed to use as trade bait.

It took weeks for it to finally leak in full....and it was leaked begrudgingly.

Razz leaking the "checkmate" clip caused a massive shit storm.

These two leaks were showing that there was more material out there....and the lowly plebs weren't supposed to know that.

Look how long it took to finally get Checkmate/Hard School out in the open.

By the way....there was more than one disc.

That's what those two leaks were on the verge of exposing publicly....and had to be shut down.

Yes.... people are going to die with this stuff in their cold, dead hands.

In reality....the fan base is lucky to have gotten as much material as they have.

At least two versions of a finished CD circulated by mid January to June 2001 between Universal execs on what would be GNR major markets at the time (Latin America, Japan, US and UK). During 2002 another version, with added songs was auditioned to promoters prior to the tour.

After the tour cancellation, it was dead silent until 2004 prior to Rock In Rio Lisbon, where the same tracklist with additional instrumentation was circulated again.

Dead silence again until 2006 where multiple mixes and tracklists were circulated with execs and promoters, again.

I believe most of these are in the hands of hoarders and definitely there are people who have it (promoters, execs, PAs, ARs) all around the world who don't even value these or know they are sought after as they received it from basically all major acts.

I know for a fact that a few people in Brazil have a 2001, a 2004 and two 2006 discs. There's definitely more out there.

This is spot on.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I'm still not with you all. Are you saying hoarders have a copy of what was destined to be the follow up to CD, all tracks (incl. vocals) recorded mixed and mastered? Or just various additional songs to the first album in various states of completion that COULD have been CD2?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm confused but I think James was saying there's a second album worth of leftover tracks that also leaked around the time of the Cather/Hardschool leaks in the early 2000s but that is less circulated.

Additionally I think I recall MSL saying he had follow up to CD album pre-reunion around the time he had all Axl's documents/laptop or whatever it was and was threatening to release it himself if the band didn't release some details soon. His deadline came and went and all that happened was he became pro-team brazil and Axl all of a sudden. I can only speculate as to why.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm confused but I think James was saying there's a second album worth of leftover tracks that also leaked around the time of the Cather/Hardschool leaks in the early 2000s but that is less circulated.

Additionally I think I recall MSL saying he had follow up to CD album pre-reunion around the time he had all Axl's documents/laptop or whatever it was and was threatening to release it himself if the band didn't release some details soon. His deadline came and went and all that happened was he became pro-team brazil and Axl all of a sudden. I can only speculate as to why.

Kinda confusing because to me, "Chinese Democracy II" implies it's the "Stay of Execution" album that was ready to go in the 2010s. If it's a bunch of Chinese Democracy offcuts from the 2000s... haven't we heard that already in the locker leaks? What's new that isn't there?

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

This thread gets into the reported documents, allegedly hacked:

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=10365

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I don't believe MSL ever had all the CD II tracks he said he did. I believe Going Down/OMG 2/BBF Silkworms/Blood In The Water clip to be the extent of what he possessed. I think he simply got the CD II song list from the emails in Axl's laptop.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Kinda confusing because to me, "Chinese Democracy II" implies it's the "Stay of Execution" album that was ready to go in the 2010s. If it's a bunch of Chinese Democracy offcuts from the 2000s... haven't we heard that already in the locker leaks? What's new that isn't there?

They never leaked, still hoarded.

So you've got to remember the locker leaks are a snapshot of a snapshot of a snapshot

The source is Tom Zutaut who was in and around the project in 2001. So first snapshot, his discs only contain tracks up to that point. Second snapshot, it's the tracks he requested/was given burnt on to disc and took home. Third snapshot, it's the ones he had and never gave back that he forgot about in a storage locker.

In 06, the same source disc/tape that had the older versions of IRS, TWAt and Catcher also had Hard School, Atlas and Prostitute.

The near complete 2010 version of CD2 is out there somewhere. There are some folk who allegedly have the cover art and back art with the tracklist for CD2 as well. Earlier versions of those tracks exist too from various timeframes.

Big doubt on MSL only having some emails, documents and a tracklist. A tracklist which contained song titles we'd never heard of before that were later confirmed by the leak in 2019.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Big doubt on MSL only having some emails, documents and a tracklist. A tracklist which contained song titles we'd never heard of before that were later confirmed by the leak in 2019.

Why though? If the documents were truly from Axl's laptop, it's not weird that he would have access to legitimate track names but not necessarily the songs themselves.

Board footer