You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Re: Current Events Thread

Well some people age well and some don't.

Obviously Senator Feinstein, has not aged well.

Kissinger say what you will about his politics, is still kicking it.

I'm not a fan of ageism.

At the end of the day, the American people need to stop being such easy marks.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

There's really nothing to be done about Feinstein, it's at the point where she might not even be mentally capable of making the decision to resign. The only thing to do would be to expel her, which has historically been reserved for treason. Because of hyper polarization, Dems would either not agree to vote for expulsion or demand a GOP Senator also be expelled (probably Chuck Grassley).

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Trump is toast at this point. He's going to jail, given what has come out in the indictments.  The fucking moron had boxes of secret documents in a shower.  The other Republican nominees for President would be wise to slowly distance themselves from this mess.  Most of them (aside from Christie and Hutchinson) are still going with the DOJ is weaponized bullshit.  No, it's not.  37 counts is way too many counts for this to be a random/weak case.  I mean reading up on some of these questions asked his own lawyers, you'd have to be a total idiot to  ask those q's.

Mark Meadows has already taken a plea deal. I bet the Trump aide that got indicted today will do the same.

I get why the other candidates are still blaming the DOJ.  THey want his voter base but it looks dumb at this point.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'd like to think Trump is toast...I don't think the country can handle another 4 years inside a Trump reality show...but his competition in the coming election is terrible.

Desantis...the only real competition...is not looking as good to people as he did previously. The war with Disney a mistake IMO. Posting those deep fake images of Trump hugging Fauci wasn't smart.

I guess Trump going down would officially open the door for the rise of Desantis....or someone else.

God help us all.....

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Man, that Desantis rollout of his announcement was so amateur hour a month ago. I don't really like Biden but most of these guys like Pence, DeSantis, aren't better at all.  So I"d vote for Biden out of default.

Haley might be the most semi interesting one left in the GOP but I'm not sure she can get the votes.

James

James wrote:

I don't think she can either.

Even if she somehow threw a hail Mary and won the primary, shed lose in the general.

Yeah...I'm starting to think Biden wins the election by default. He shouldn't...I don't even think he's fit to serve...but no one is stepping up to the plate.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Chinese democracy starts … when?

This is the most dystopian shit I have seen yet online:

https://twitter.com/songpinganq/with_replies?lang=en

James

James wrote:

Holy shit...looks like a coup may be happening in Russia.

James

James wrote:

Blitzkrieg to Moscow.

Supposedly Wagner is anywhere from 4-6 hours away.

Putin, Medvedev, and their cronies want Russia to stand up yet they're all fleeing to their bunkers.

Lukashenko fled to Turkey.

They're all cowards.

Various Russian allies like Kazakhstan, Iran, etc say it's an "internal matter".

This is history in the making.

I wonder what the CIA involvement is...and will we ever know?

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Putin is the very definition of a paper tiger. Last year proved his military might was certainly not all it was talked up to be, now with the apparent non reaction of the Russian populace to this coup it seems his public support was all hype as well.

Board footer