You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

https://youtu.be/Ys7Pj1muBek
Perhaps souncheck from today

That sounds really good. 21 axl

I wish they'd hurry the fuck up about it....

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

No.

They have nothing interesting in their discography like a Achtung Baby/Zooropa/Zoo TV concept or The Wall/Dark Side of the Moon that could be mind blowing in such an environment.

They have a few albums filled with random songs....and 99.9% of their artwork consists of boring skulls/skeletons.

Who wants to pay $600-$1200 to hear Jungle while 3  skeletons dance on a giant screen?

There's really no interest (to me anyway) outside of one show or two in a regular venue.  The lack of content where they could rotate albums or do anything creative hurts them big time.

Yeah it's a clusterfuck. They have such few options due to the small discog when it comes to these things....

AFD in its entirety

Considering the fact they've hit fans over the head with AFD for so long us fans coined a term for it(AFD Rehash)...would anyone really care?

UYI I and II in its entirety

Considering the fact the big anniversary just passed us by and very few cared...is it really an option? Besides...they'd never do it in its entirety anyways.

Don't Damn Me (still never performed)
Garden of Eden (not performed in decades)

And of course....garbage like....

Get In the Ring
Shotgun Blues
My World

Will never be performed.

They just can't put on special events like that.

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Kikkoman80 wrote:

I rediscovered PRETTY TIED UP but I don't like songs that "don't finish"...I have the same problem with NIGHTRAIN...I listen to them from LIVE ERA. Luckily they don't have this vice anyway. Practically only PRETTY TIED UP and NIGHTRAIN I'm like that. Luckily.

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Kikkoman80 wrote:

Don't Damn Me Is good!

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Is there a download of Glastonbury, as nothing but Paradise City is on YouTube.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

Perhaps sounds ok but is hardly progressive stuff and doesn’t sound manifestly better than the version we already have. Slash sounds like he’s phoned the solo in again.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

“Garden of Eden” is a blast but probably beyond his lung capacity in 2023.

If they give us a new record I might buy a ticket if they ditch the platinum pricing nonsense and sell G.A. for under $200 by the time the tour heads toward the west coast. But like others have said, no new music? Not interested.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

Unless it's a cross-platform, return to glory days bona fide hit, it's hard to see how a new song will get any more asses on seats. And if as we all suspect, Perhaps is the next song, I find that extremely unlikely.  Only extreme hard cores seem to care about new music.
I could see an announcement of a new album drumming up interest for sure.
But if it's an amateur hour launch of a new song like everything they have released the last 20 years, I can't see it moving the needle on ticket sales one iota.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

No.

They have nothing interesting in their discography like a Achtung Baby/Zooropa/Zoo TV concept or The Wall/Dark Side of the Moon that could be mind blowing in such an environment.

They have a few albums filled with random songs....and 99.9% of their artwork consists of boring skulls/skeletons.

Who wants to pay $600-$1200 to hear Jungle while 3  skeletons dance on a giant screen?

There's really no interest (to me anyway) outside of one show or two in a regular venue.  The lack of content where they could rotate albums or do anything creative hurts them big time.

Yeah it's a clusterfuck. They have such few options due to the small discog when it comes to these things....

AFD in its entirety

Considering the fact they've hit fans over the head with AFD for so long us fans coined a term for it(AFD Rehash)...would anyone really care?

UYI I and II in its entirety

Considering the fact the big anniversary just passed us by and very few cared...is it really an option? Besides...they'd never do it in its entirety anyways.

Don't Damn Me (still never performed)
Garden of Eden (not performed in decades)

And of course....garbage like....

Get In the Ring
Shotgun Blues
My World

Will never be performed.

They just can't put on special events like that.

They could copy what Metallica are currently doing for a UYI entirety tour. Two nights, different set on each one with each night getting UYI I and II in entirety respectively.

That and full AFD are the only gimmicks for a tour without a new album.

Others here are right. A new song on its own doesn't shift extra tickets, the buzz of a whole new album might.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Yup agreed new album please!

Of course GNR will do the complete opposite of what makes sense though

Board footer