You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

Scabbie wrote:

If they re-released CD as it was meant to be in 2000 or whatever with some cool artwork, I'd buy that

Sky Dog wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

I might dig out that Reckless Road book, that was probably one of the best GNR related products from recent years.

Where is Marc Canter? That guy seems to have vanished

Who cares where he is? Seriously, that chapter is done and over. It is well documented on multiple levels. Let it go…

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

It sucks when a forum is plagued by an overly aggressive poster always starting shit and talking down to people for no reason. But unhappy people feel the need to spread their negativity somehow.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Sky Dog wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

I might dig out that Reckless Road book, that was probably one of the best GNR related products from recent years.

Where is Marc Canter? That guy seems to have vanished

Who cares where he is? Seriously, that chapter is done and over. It is well documented on multiple levels. Let it go…

lol hahaha Let what go? I simply asked what happened to the guy.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

They will keep re-releasing stuff as long as people buy it. What I dont understand is some of the same people that I already know want this stuff also want new music. Why would they release somthing new when you give them money for somthing you already own?

Yeah I don't get it.

Last time I checked mygnr I saw a few people say they were going to buy some of that crappy merch. I was flabbergasted.

It's the same with this LP. There's no reason for anyone to buy it. If you need AFD that bad, there's a fuck ton of used copies to buy...and they'll probably sound better than this new beer coaster.

Anyone who genuinely wants a new song isn't buying any of this crap. This is the shit they sell so they don't have to release anything new.

Even if I was foaming at the mouth for AFD, I wouldn't give them the satisfaction.

It sucks when a forum is plagued by an overly aggressive poster always starting shit and talking down to people for no reason. But unhappy people feel the need to spread their negativity somehow.

If you're referring to the skydog post above, I think you're taking it a little too seriously. He's not a troll...just frustrated by the hand we've been dealt at this point.

It's more like Felix Unger's "I'm not yelling at you, I'm yelling at the situation"....

Sky Dog wrote:

Didn’t mean it that way and wasn’t talking to one poster. The Illusions finished off anything worth a shit in the 87-91 era. They dumped it all on us and history shows they were smart to do it.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Sky Dog wrote:

Didn’t mean it that way and wasn’t talking to one poster. The Illusions finished off anything worth a shit in the 87-91 era. They dumped it all on us and history shows they were smart to do it.

Song wise I think the only thing of worth left over from thoses days that we need in actual decent quality is a version of Ain't Goin Down with vocals. I think Axl said himself they wanted to "put it all out". I find Mayhues claims about multiple AFD era songs left over unlikely. I suspect he mispoke and meant Chinese era songs

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

CD should’ve been a double album like Axl wanted to begin with. The best thing Azoff and Iovine could’ve done was release it all at once the way he wanted and they would have had all the ingredients to push a reunion. But Azoff had to try to be a bully instead, and set the reunion back years

guts
 Rep: 1 

guts wrote:
misterID wrote:

CD should’ve been a double album like Axl wanted to begin with. The best thing Azoff and Iovine could’ve done was release it all at once the way he wanted and they would have had all the ingredients to push a reunion. But Azoff had to try to be a bully instead, and set the reunion back years

Yeah or they should've followed through with CD2 in 2010 like how it was supposed to happen.

With this band the song has to be posted online first by a fan before its official release lol.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
misterID wrote:

The 2005 New York Times article said Axl wanted a triple CD. That could have given us the bike, red hand, and grenade covers all at once. In fact I wonder if the images originally were selected for a three-album track listing that we never got, which is why they seem disconnected from the songs.

We should have gotten three CDs. Had we, the ridiculousness of not getting anything since 2008 would be bearable.

Board footer