You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Looks like the news about Axl being in the studio is just for an appearence on a Michael Schenker Solo album that Slash is also on.

Just great....

He'll probably sing backing on the chorus with a Slash solo pasted in.

I bet they haven't actually touched those Chinese leftovers in what...3 years?

The song(s) is either on the launch pad waiting for liftoff...or the plan was shit canned.

The fact US stadiums sit empty and nothing is being done makes me believe it's the latter.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Looks like the news about Axl being in the studio is just for an appearence on a Michael Schenker Solo album that Slash is also on.

Just great....

The song(s) is either on the launch pad waiting for liftoff...or the plan was shit canned.

The fact US stadiums sit empty and nothing is being done makes me believe it's the latter.

You should see the "any day now! I told you soooo..super exited for new GNR!" posts on reddit haha poor people.

It will be at least a decent gauge of his current studio voice though, hell maybe that's why he's done it. Who knows. The GNR reddit is strange, to hear such confidence in people so clueless is weird.

James

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Just great....

You should see the "any day now! I told you soooo..super exited for new GNR!" posts on reddit haha poor people.

It will be at least a decent gauge of his current studio voice though, hell maybe that's why he's done it. Who knows. The GNR reddit is strange, to hear such confidence in people so clueless is weird.

I haven't checked the GNR Reddit sub in years even though I do read Reddit on a regular basis.

I have a feeling most of that clueless positivity is 100% shit posting/trolling.

Just about all of the long time forum members who were positive finally reached the point where they call a spade a spade and realized nothing substantial is ever coming...so I doubt any of it is genuine on one specific platform.

On the other hand...there's always been crazy people in the community.

James

James wrote:

One more thing about the "any day now, news this week!" hype/speculation...

We already got that news....

AFD LP.

If the music gods have mercy on us and we get a song, it'll be just like with the previous one....out of the blue and no promo.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

James wrote:

AFD LP.

If the music gods have mercy on us and we get a song, it'll be just like with the previous one....out of the blue and no promo.

I'm not all one way or the other with it. I do for example think Perhaps is a matter of time and maybe The General at some point. I don't however believe there is any chance of a record from scratch nor do I think there will be an album of Chinese leftovers.

Even if they try to do an album from scratch i just dont see it working out. Would love to be wrong

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Kikkoman80 wrote:

And Axl in One Song of new Slash solo album?
Possible?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Kikkoman80 wrote:

Possible?

Probably not, but now that you mention it…it may be an easier way for Axl to release new music with Slash without the pressure (critical and financial) of the guns name.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Kikkoman80 wrote:

Possible?

If Slash also writes the lyrics and vocal melodies, sure. If not...

James

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
James wrote:

AFD LP.

I'm not all one way or the other with it. I do for example think Perhaps is a matter of time and maybe The General at some point. I don't however believe there is any chance of a record from scratch nor do I think there will be an album of Chinese leftovers.

Even if they try to do an album from scratch i just dont see it working out. Would love to be wrong

Not enough time left for a brand new album. Hell...the Stones are barely getting one last album in before their clock runs out.

Not getting CD II...if we were, no reason for Slash to mention cherry picking a handful of tracks from it.

My pipe dreaming days are over. I think whatever we get next... whether it's 1-2 songs, an EP, or a compilation...is the last.

I think they're going on hiatus after this tour is over for a couple years or so....and will then reboot for a farewell world tour to hoover up every last dollar from the fan base left....and then it's over.

Edit

Just checked mygnr. Even though the dots easily connect to Schenker...some people are still fantasizing about them finishing a new album.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don’t see them hopping off this train.

I have no doubt there’s re-recorded material, enough for some kind of a physical release. There is plenty of footage for a live dvd and documentary for the last few tours. They’ve, according to Slash, have gone through the old UYI tour material. There is zero motivation to release it.

The fact nothing has been released in the last seven years for their reunion (DVD, documentary) is far more baffling than not releasing an album

Board footer