You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

Sky Dog wrote:

That would be nice….and on second thought, maybe she sing all the time…her or Carrie Underwood!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I saw this on YouTube last night....

And it made me wonder if nostalgia acts adding covers to alleviate their boredom is becoming a trend.

I guess GNR were finally ahead of the curve on this issue...

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

So the Moncton show is tonight then Montreal on the 8th and Perhaps is meant to be released on the 11th when they are playing Hershey.

I assume it will appear at one of those 3 shows, maybe even tonight

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Last night's set list...

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-r … 41432.html

I noticed Absurd not being performed with Hard School...gets played a few songs later. I imagine Absurd will eventually be dropped to make way for Perhaps.

Carrie Underwood on two of their biggest hits. Not necessary...I know I wouldn't have wanted her onstage at my show in 2017. It's not surprising though.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

persisting with Coma I see... madness

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

Last night's set list...

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-r … 41432.html

I noticed Absurd not being performed with Hard School...gets played a few songs later. I imagine Absurd will eventually be dropped to make way for Perhaps.

Carrie Underwood on two of their biggest hits. Not necessary...I know I wouldn't have wanted her onstage at my show in 2017. It's not surprising though.

I guess we’re in different boats. My wife will be coming with me to Fenway and I wish Carrie were the opener. My wife would definitely enjoy it and I’d have fun watching her get to see Carrie Underwood while also getting to see my favorite band ever. Total win/win for me. The Pretenders doesn’t really do it though. Different for a woman in her 30s to say she saw Carrie Underwood vs Pretenders. Having said that, if AIC were the opener, just enjoy it babe it’s my TWO favorite bands ever!!!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Why are they still doing Slither?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

My guess is Axl thinks it keeps slash happy enough (and maybe it does who knows).

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
misterID wrote:

Why are they still doing Slither?

What I don't understand is why they haven't moved on to Fall To Pieces by now...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Because the band is about the humiliation and degradation of Slash while keeping him happy enough not to quit.

Absurd is the first single because it was the hardest to swallow. You will stand there and play it and you will like it. See? We could have just done this in the 90s but nooo....

Then you will play those other "hard rockers" that you liked back in 1999 like catcher, twat, this I love, and the blues. I feel like doing something new. Maybe it's time for "the blues", "prostitute", and something really close to your roots like Witchlinefuck.

Once in a blue moon slash will realise the band is about his shame now and a small token is given to him to keep him in line...

Sure they could play Fall to Pieces, but that's a song Axl rejected, can't make him look bad....slither on the other hand is something slash fought with matt to make...and one thing everyone agrees on is how they no longer like matt....so....on with the show....and let the $ roll on.

Ok...I guess i made that up...but it's as good a theory as anything else these days. 5

Board footer