You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bluefish18
 Rep: 2 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

Bluefish18 wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:
James wrote:

Insider or not...it's good to see you again. Haven't seen you in what, 7 or 8.years?

Where does the time go

Yeah it's been a while. I never stopped being a GNR fanatic, I just haven't posted much on message boards. I still go to every tour and buy all of the CDs. I'm as excited for the 2023 tour and the release of more new music as I was as a kid waiting for UYI to come out.

Good to see you back on the forums- i can remember you taking on the entire Velvet Rope site back in the day; you would drive those people NUTS- funny stuff.  I knew a couple of posters there that were heavy hitters in the industry, and it used to infuriate them that you knew more about GN'R doings than they did smile  Enjoy the "new" music -

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

- i can remember you taking on the entire Velvet Rope site back in the day; you would drive those people NUTS- funny stuff.  I knew a couple of posters there that were heavy hitters in the industry, and it used to infuriate them that you knew more about GN'R doings than they did

I don't remember this at all. I hate how my memory is fading. I feel like an unreliable narrator when talking about this stuff now.

I used to laugh at people who took notes but now wish I had done the same thing.

Of course I remember Velvet Rope and their role in that stuff early 2000s...but I don't remember MSL going there and infuriating the "heavy hitters".

MSL....can you post a cliffs notes version of what happened?

Another question...

I know you and several others mentioned the follow up coming out in the 2010s.

With hindsight...how close was this to really coming out? No offense to you or the others, but I never believed it. I didn't think you were lying...I just think GNR/TB were blowing smoke.

IF it was nearing the launch pad, TB must have hired someone to negotiate its release.

Bluefish - I miss the velvet rope very much and remember those days fondly. I learned a lot there, but you're right that some people may not have loved being corrected when it came to GNR info.

James - The velvet rope stuff was fairly tame in the grand scheme of things. I just rubbed people the wrong way like I tend to do on most forums.

Just like the label delayed Chinese numerous times in hopes they could force a reunion first, the follow up to Chinese also suffered a similar fate. There were definitely times the band wanted to get it out and the label stalled in an effort to wait for a reunion. Which ultimately is what happened.

Bluefish18
 Rep: 2 

Bluefish18 wrote:

James- full confession; i was exhausted from a long drive and had a bit of a buzz when I wrote that, so it came off a little arrogant.  I did know some people on there, including a label president and some (self acclaimed?) "important" staff at Geffen, but "heavy hitters" was a douchy thing to say.  But my memories of MSL are well remembered there- his irreverence was refreshing in a place that took itself way too seriously, went against the grain, and when he was proven correct, made it all the more fun to see.  Do either of you remember a poster named GordonPymPoe?  He dm'd me around '06 (or whenever the cornrow years were) and claimed he was Axl smile

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Shame we will probably never see this one
Screenshot-44.png

36 min in

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

The “Remarks” section says 10:00 - 45:00, but the box also says it is Take 1.

Does that imply a 35-second or 35-minute version?! Or does it reference a measure of tape length?

P.S. Even the person who hand-wrote the notes knew to write Guns “N’” Roses unlike whoever in Team Brazil approved that stupid “Guns And Roses” keychain …

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

Does this mean we were invited to think that it was a completed recording? Which might mean that there are vocals?

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

ClaudeF wrote:

The “Remarks” section says 10:00 - 45:00, but the box also says it is Take 1.

Does that imply a 35-second or 35-minute version?! Or does it reference a measure of tape length?

P.S. Even the person who hand-wrote the notes knew to write Guns “N’” Roses unlike whoever in Team Brazil approved that stupid “Guns And Roses” keychain …

I'm not too sure. I saw this yesterday and meant to post it but didn't get chance, it does show that the song was around in 99 where as the locker leak version is 2000. Given that one was instrumental I doubt that this one has vocals. Most interesting part that stands out to me is "Tape 900" also while names like Critter are known I ain't heard of Jer Blair before. May of 99 means that it was recorded a year and a half into to the CD sessions which started January 98. So this song is at least almost as old as Oklahoma and Ides Of March.

We seriously need someone who works for universal to hook up a private tour of that room lol

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I thought Curly Shuffle was a candidate for being Seven along with D-Tune

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Saw someone say Dummy was Cuban Skies, was this just a guess?

The funny thing about those Bucket demos was how different Shacklers ended up, which sounds like a hybrid of other demos (Prom Violence) but Sorry is pretty much the same as the demo

Board footer