You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: Atlas Shrugged (2023 ) - Rumour

Scabbie wrote:

In addition to The General, Atlas Shrugged is the only other unreleased song that will show guns n roses as an artist if you search for the track. So I do believe it's coming as a song.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

OMG is plausible given Axl already remade it once with bucket and it doesn't exist on a GNR record...I could see a Slash/Duff re-record of that.

But overall I don't buy this cos it seems to contradict slash's statements about the songs coming out as singles then hoping to head into the studio to begin something new.

With OMG i have never really thought we will see that with Slash and Duff in the band. There was a press release when it came out in 99. Didn't Axl say somthing like "Former members showed disinterest in it" or something like that.

Historically I would have agreed with you on that, but as Polluxlm pointed out they used Silkworms as their lead reunion single...silkworms. Next month we're going to hear Slash and Duff on The General, we already had Jackie Chan and i'm listening to perhaps now, Axl is playing Slither live nearly any night.....feels like all bets are off.

OMG may have had an offical release, but so did Shadow of Your Love twice as a B side back in the day, and look how they turned that into a major event for the band. Meanwhile OMG is not really even around anymore is it? Hard to come across the End of Days soundtrack on stuff like spotify....and it has great Axl vocals in an era where he now has vocal trouble...I could see it being made to be a touch more classic rock duff/Slash then finding it's way on a future release. Hope so anyway, Axl's vocal is fire as the young kids say.

But overall I'm just not sold on this rumour. I want to believe it though as it would make a lot of sense to create some type of CD set for these 5 songs that Slash/Duff redid or whatever the number is. But who knows they like to keep us guessing!

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Kikkoman80 wrote:

Vinyl with THE GENERAL is October 27th.
Do you think the song will come out already in September?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It’s possible

Sky Dog wrote:

I’m pretty sure I know how Atlas is going to sound…..I’m hungry for some General Tso’s chicken and it’s lunchtime!

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Not a huge fan of what Slash did with the Perhaps solo but I actually hope he does replace Brian Mays solo on this if it does come out. I think i'm in the minority that i really like this song, but the solo is a bit bland for me.

The tom drums however sound fucking incredible

AtariLegend wrote:

Random note -

I posted this thread, because of the hasitleaked post.

Not, because of some 4chan post - album track listing ect.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Not a huge fan of what Slash did with the Perhaps solo but I actually hope he does replace Brian Mays solo on this if it does come out. I think i'm in the minority that i really like this song, but the solo is a bit bland for me.

The tom drums however sound fucking incredible

Brain is a monster. Anyone remember fans getting on him for fucking up the ycbm intro?

This guy had someone TAB Freese’s drumming on the twat outro so he could record it note for note. That’s not easy!

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

In addition to The General, Atlas Shrugged is the only other unreleased song that will show guns n roses as an artist if you search for the track. So I do believe it's coming as a song.

I’m also getting GnR for Soul Mon and a Cuban Sk here in UK

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I picture Slash turning Atlas into a more Yesterdays vibe

Board footer