You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: A McCain landslide in November??

PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

except war isnt a business...they should have reconsidered before going into iraq in the first place...now thousands of lives have been lost and billions of dollars have been spent and the US is entering a recession...

My only problem with that Neemo is suddenly we're only going to continue people who voted for the war and are still for remaining in Iraq. That weeds out the other viewpoint, especially since pretty much nobody is "on record of voting against invasion". In addition, by refusing to vote for a "flip flopper" more $$ and more lives have now been lost. Personally, I am ok with supporting someone who has changed their mind, rather than supporting someone going down the wrong path. What's done is done. We're in Iraq now. It doesn't matter if someone voted for it or against it, the point is we're there now. Also, this invasion was intended to liberate Iraq, and make them a democracy. We need to get on track with that, and not continue this as "a war".

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Also, this invasion was intended to liberate Iraq, and make them a democracy.

who says they want to be liberated....if they wanted to be liberated then they would havea civil war...thats what they are for....what do you think would happen if someone invaded the states to make them a dictatorship.

who are you or I to tell another country what kind of political system is best for them?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

who are you or I to tell another country what kind of political system is best for them?

We're Americans.  Not only is it our right, it's our God given duty.  You should know that being Canadian.*

* Done purely in jest.  I don't really believe this, but it seems like the country as a whole does and has for years.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

We're Americans.  Not only is it our right, it's our God given duty.  You should know that being Canadian.*

* Done purely in jest.  I don't really believe this, but it seems like the country as a whole does and has for years.

big_smile its all good...i suppose my post may have sounded harsher than i intended it .... for that i apologize

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Also, this invasion was intended to liberate Iraq, and make them a democracy.

who says they want to be liberated....if they wanted to be liberated then they would havea civil war...thats what they are for....what do you think would happen if someone invaded the states to make them a dictatorship.

I agree with you on that, but what's done is done. The US (fortunately or unfortunately) already went to war. My thing is now remaining focused on why we went to war in the first place.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

My thing is now remaining focused on why we went to war in the first place.

thats the thing....i thought they went to war to disarm Iraq of their weapons of mass destruction that the US intelligence said was  there...which didnt exist..i thought they went to iraq to capture saddam...which they did and then executed....now what is the reason? right its become a noble cause all of a sudden

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Do you guys want an immediate pullout? You do realize the power vacuum thats gonna cause? Forget about Iran for a second. Russia and maybe even China will be knocking on Iraq's door as we leave.

We're not going anywhere.

I do agree that there's gonna have to be a pullout of some scale in the future, but anyone advocating a complete pullout has a raging hard on for World War III.

Reminds me of that Obama comment about a month ago.....

"We can leave, and if it gets worse, we'll go back....."

Obama has clusterfuck written all over him.

There will always be a US military presence in Iraq. Obviously on a much smaller scale than now, but it will be there.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Do you guys want an immediate pullout? You do realize the power vacuum thats gonna cause? Forget about Iran for a second. Russia and maybe even China will be knocking on Iraq's door as we leave.

We're not going anywhere.

I do agree that there's gonna have to be a pullout of some scale in the future, but anyone advocating a complete pullout has a raging hard on for World War III.

Reminds me of that Obama comment about a month ago.....

"We can leave, and if it gets worse, we'll go back....."

Obama has clusterfuck written all over him.

There will always be a US military presence in Iraq. Obviously on a much smaller scale than now, but it will be there.

no you're right...i was just trying to say that they never should have went in the first place...now you;re fucked cuz james is right the US has no choice but to have occupation in Iraq indefinately

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Oh, I agree that this Iraq war is the biggest foreign policy blunder of the past 100 years. I don't even think Bush nutswingers can deny it at this point. While a case can be made for going in there(violation of many UN resolutions, war crimes for the gassing of the Kurds in 1987, supporting suicide bombers in Palestinian territories), it wasn't worth what the cost(in money, lives, resources) wound up being.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

You know, I applaud Randall for being in the military and wanting a good president equipped to be hiscommander in chief, but you know what? We need a president for more than a military leader. We've got huge problems in this country right now, and I really don't want my next president focused like a laser on the military, leading a futile and pointless war. That's what McCain will do. Go ahead, vote for McCain if you want, like James has said, your bread costing $10 bucks a loaf and gas $15 a gallon.

Besides, what fucking military experience does Bush have? Skipping out on his duties?

Board footer