You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: The next GNR album: Current known state of songs

Blackstar wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Blackstar wrote:

Yeah, his 2007 Axl biography was garbage. His latest one from 2017 has a lot of that same crap, but there is some interesting stuff in the original interviews with Niven and Goldstein (those two definitely didn't do themselves any favours with the stuff they said in there, lol).

I do recall reading one of his books on GNR a long time ago i forget the name of it. But there was nothing as outlandish as blagic magic spells and stuff in there lol. Niven Goldstein and Adler rarely do themselves any favours when they are interviewed. Izzy's far smarter in that regard i think

He has released three GN'R books: one back in 1991 (which just had extended versions of his interviews with band members), a shitty Axl "biography" titled "W.A.R." in 2007 (maybe that's the one you have read?) and another one in 2016/17 titled "The Last Of The Giants", in which he reiterates a lot of the same stuff from the Axl "biography" but there's some additional stuff in it, mainly the quotes from Niven and Goldstein.

It was that one yes, i just found it on my shelf oddly sat next to a copy of Catcher In The Rye that I forgot I owned. As bad as some of the Mick Wall stuff is at least he is a better writer than Del, Now there's a book I struggled to get through

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Blackstar wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

I do recall reading one of his books on GNR a long time ago i forget the name of it. But there was nothing as outlandish as blagic magic spells and stuff in there lol. Niven Goldstein and Adler rarely do themselves any favours when they are interviewed. Izzy's far smarter in that regard i think

He has released three GN'R books: one back in 1991 (which just had extended versions of his interviews with band members), a shitty Axl "biography" titled "W.A.R." in 2007 (maybe that's the one you have read?) and another one in 2016/17 titled "The Last Of The Giants", in which he reiterates a lot of the same stuff from the Axl "biography" but there's some additional stuff in it, mainly the quotes from Niven and Goldstein.

It was that one yes, i just found it on my shelf oddly sat next to a copy of Catcher In The Rye that I forgot I owned. As bad as some of the Mick Wall stuff is at least he is a better writer than Del, Now there's a book I struggled to get through

I have only read Del's "Without You" story (or rather I have tried to get through it and it was a drag). Different genres, though. Del wrote fiction, whereas Mick Wall is supposed to write about real life events.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

I suspect there is fiction in both there writing.

Back on topic does anyone think there is anything to this claim that Dtune and Circus Maximus were both combined to make Seven? Iv'e had a play around and I cant make them work together at all. Allegedly it's something Fortus said in a facebook Q&A

Board footer