You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

The Phoenix show has been moved to a smaller venue.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7yB5GcXwAE … name=small

In the words of David Crockett...

It's over, Schiavone.

They've milked the tit to the last drop. They're smart to be going on hiatus.

James - I’ve been on the forefront of the movement to get them to play smaller venues…but you can read, right? They aren’t bumping the MLB team to a smaller venue. They play where they play (Chase Field).

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:

Yes, the change of venue in Phoenix doesn't have to do with low ticket sales or anything like that. It's just that the team that uses Chase Field has unexpectedly made the playoffs and their third game is on the same date as the GN'R show.

So the options for GN'R/LN were to reschedule it on a later date at the same venue (probably logistically difficult or impossible), cancel it altogether or move it to another venue.

https://ktar.com/story/5542947/phoenix- … ayoff-run/

guts
 Rep: 1 

guts wrote:

First time I've seen GNR use lasers at their show.

guts

guts wrote:

Hollywood Bowl shows November 1st and 2nd.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

back to back shows, not sure that's too wise

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I liked the lasers although not sure if its just for powertrip. I came across an 80s Def Lep video on youtube the other day and I was thinking about how lasers used to me used all the time in stuff like rockshows and fantasy theme park productions. Tech is more sophisticed generally now but I feel I don't see much of those style effects these days.

guts

guts wrote:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

The Phoenix show has been moved to a smaller venue.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7yB5GcXwAE … name=small

In the words of David Crockett...

It's over, Schiavone.

They've milked the tit to the last drop. They're smart to be going on hiatus.

James - I’ve been on the forefront of the movement to get them to play smaller venues…but you can read, right? They aren’t bumping the MLB team to a smaller venue. They play where they play (Chase Field).

No...I'm not illiterate.

They moved from stadium to amphitheater...not stadium to stadium. While I haven't checked, I'd wager my life that's not the only stadium in the region.

In other words...a downsizing.

If your stadium is sold out but you have to move, youre not looking for amphitheaters to move the crowd to.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Just heard Tommy London on SiriusXm say he’s hearing rumors of a GnR/Crue tour next year. Grain of salt of course…

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yay...Vince and Axl fight at last? Lol

2 80s singers with shot voices on the same bill

Board footer