You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Re: Atlas Shrugged (2023 ) - Rumour

Tortilla_Man wrote:
James wrote:

You want to know what's even funnier than that?

The idea of releasing Silkworms as your big single during the reunion.

I was at Fenway that night expecting Hard School.

Even funnier than them pulling out Silkworms and the crowd of mostly normies actually seemed to enjoy it....   

Slash wore a KFC Logo Tshirt that had the letters changed to FCK, that seemed to point out the actual Absurdity of the situation. smile

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Too funny….1. Why in the hell would they re-release OMG? 2. How in the hell could Slash and Duff make that song better?

You want to know what's even funnier than that?

The idea of releasing Silkworms as your big single during the reunion.

Wasn't that Axl's way of waiving the victory flag over Duff and Slash? "You know the experimental shit you guys weren't into, that's going to be the first single." I'm as big as Chinese era cuck as the next nerd, but what other reason could that single have been chosen other than an actual b-side or outro thrown on the album without anyone elses knowledge?

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

OMG at Rock In Rio III was extremely badass imo. Band looks great, Buckethead and Finck crush it... everyone crushes it tbh. Good song. End Of Days version isn't nearly there...

The song is old but it would be great to get a new cut (or a bunch of different versions...)

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

I totally agree, oh my god in Rio 3 it sounded abrasive, it also sounded brutal in house of blues! I think it's a really fierce song! Absurd as the first single is a punch in the face to slash and duff... and well deserved! axlstyle!

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Miguelox26 wrote:

I totally agree, oh my god in Rio 3 it sounded abrasive, it also sounded brutal in house of blues! I think it's a really fierce song! Absurd as the first single is a punch in the face to slash and duff... and well deserved! axlstyle!

I always like the way they fucked up the outro at RIR3, and Axl was left spitting the last line out on his own after the band had finished the song.

"The only one in the game who's lost is you."

They should keep that in the final version.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Miguelox26 wrote:

and well deserved! axlstyle!

That's right...how dare slash want to take less than 20 years to record an album.

And fuck him for thinking as the best guitarist of his generation, friends with a guy with a 6 octave vocal range, that they should continue in the hard rock style that they have exceptional talent in and made them famous, when clearly, what they should be doing is mimicking what soundtrack musicians do. Honestly the logical thing to do would be to start over in a new genre, learn to play synths and computer things to a world class standard, and then just conquer the world a second time in a different genre. Sure it will require reeducating their fan base and the entire consumer market - but is that really so hard? Why do they want the band to do what it's known for anyway?

Maybe if they weren't in bed sleeping at 5am - which is after all the most logical time to be working on this stuff - they would be less surprised when a bedroom guitarist of no particular talent and import is given the same credence as them. Why do they not want to filter all their communications through a make-believe family of maids desperate enough to put up with psychological and physical abuse? What about this situation made them think they deserved better? 16

Miguelox26

Miguelox26 wrote:

From 97 to 99 it's not 20 years, and they did have Beavan's techno-industrial recording! Best guitarist of his generation!?

Miguelox26

Miguelox26 wrote:

I guess opinions are like the ass..., and we all have one!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Miguelox26 wrote:

From 97 to 99 it's not 20 years,

I was being a little silly in my other post....but in seriousness...

those dates make my point....like Snakepit 1 was recorded due to failure to agree on a GNR direction and it was commercially released in 1995....had GNR not already been the world's most dysfunctional band even back then...a GNR record could have taken it's place.

Then at the end end of the date line we have the GNR record we did get....which did not come out in 1999 but rather in 2008...

So it's absolutely 13 years at least....and then from 2008's album to 2021's Absurd single is another full 13 years......so yeah...I can see why professional musicians may find these kind of timelines problematic.

Oh My God is to me a kickass song with great vocals, so I actually really hope they do bring out a revised version, I'm just saying...

Bringing out these songs now isn't some kind of "deserved punch in the face" to slash - it seems more probable that Axl's vocal difficulties have reached such a peak where ANY recorded vocals of the past where Axl sounds kinda like Axl are now prime meat for the band. Thus "Shadow of Your Love" a song that was so throw away in the 1990s that it was used as a B side multiple times, was suddenly the brand new single that an entire special edition of their most successful album was marketed around.

Likewise we see Absurd/Hardschool/Perhaps drip fed to avoid the duel elephants in the room that the band's key players do not seem to have properly and organically collaborated since 1991 on an album, and, that Axl has such vocal issues now that he may not be able to deliver to his prior standard anymore even if he wants to.

These guys are now in their retirement years, so yeah, we have to go back 25 years to get some venom back in the tank to make a follow up record sound like what young-men recorded once upon a time, and that's what they are doing...and as a fan I'm sure I will love it....but it's hardly a "fuck you" to Slash....if anything it vindicates his position of making 7 albums outside of the band.....as it would be kinda sad if he'd done nothing since 1991 wouldn't it.

Miguelox26

Miguelox26 wrote:

without problems, I had understood you, I said it because he slashed so much rocker profile and ended up recording alternative in velvet, and that he remade songs that according to his rocker point he didn't want because they weren't hard rock doesn't give him much coherence. I don't doubt that Axl can record an album with his current voice, axldc showed us that when he wants he can! I didn't give up on everything! Good vibes, greetings!

Board footer