You are not logged in. Please register or login.

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

Re: The General and Monsters

LocoComa wrote:

Assuming they've known about the vinyl issues for a while, perhaps this means it not hitting streaming on the supposed release date just means it's been pushed back to Dec. 8th as well.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Why are people talking about Slash being on these songs? The General and Monsters is one song, no? The one they are supposed to be releasing. And here we have two songs called General and Monsters, so they must have combined them right? Why would Slash then be on these?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

^ funny...I bet the band hasn't even officially confirmed that these songs exist 16

They did post about the delayed release. Like others said. A valid reason, they just waited too long to inform the fans. Everything has to be shrouded in mystery for some reason.
https://x.com/gunsnroses/status/1718009 … K8iaFJAtEA

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Why are people talking about Slash being on these songs? The General and Monsters is one song, no? The one they are supposed to be releasing. And here we have two songs called General and Monsters, so they must have combined them right? Why would Slash then be on these?

It certainly sounds like Slash on “Monsters”. Assuming Slash and Duff put their own finishing touches on them like they did with the other releases. Also guessing we got these leaks yesterday because they were supposed to be released before the delay, so somebody decided they’d share what they had. So this is what we’ll get on 12/8, albeit touched up more to their liking. But I wouldn’t expect much more than that.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Where did these 2 leaks pop up first? Just an anon poster?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
faldor wrote:

It certainly sounds like Slash on “Monsters”. Assuming Slash and Duff put their own finishing touches on them like they did with the other releases. Also guessing we got these leaks yesterday because they were supposed to be released before the delay, so somebody decided they’d share what they had. So this is what we’ll get on 12/8, albeit touched up more to their liking. But I wouldn’t expect much more than that.

We aren't getting these. The General and Monsters is registered as 1 song on SESAC. So that sounds like a completely reworked and combined version. I don't see how hoarders would have access to Slash versions of songs that only exist in Axls home studio.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

The vocals on the heavy part of monsters are real close to his Angel down vocals tone wise. I think there probably from around 2006

Yup. I'd also put State of Grace in the same basket.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

The more I listen to these, the older I think they are. I was certain that was Slash on monster but, now I'm starting to think thise might be some older demos. I'm certainly intrigued.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

Where did these 2 leaks pop up first? Just an anon poster?

Three things to consider

If it was a limited vinyl only release, then the thinking would be that it would leak anyway

Secondly, if you leak lesser quality versions, they swamp the Internet before the better versions come out

Lastly, what reads better on news sites, the last minute cancellation of the vinyl, or the leaks. Money comes from touring, the last thing the band needs is a story about last minute cancellations, especially if ur investing hundreds in a ticket

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

I wouldn't put it past them to put these out.

These are certainly not line out audio rips taken from loose vinyl. So they're either 1.) old and it's from a gentleman collector with a cunning sense of timing, 2.) an insider leak used as a blocking strategy, 3.) a quasi-insider leak from somewhere in the supply chain.

Board footer