You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: The General and Monsters

dave-gnfnr wrote:
harmon420 wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
James wrote:

Welcome Cliff.

Absolutely. I immediately thought of this when listening to both tracks that first day...how old forum friends like Tommie, Robman, EFISH, and God knows who else had waited years just praying to hear a clip of one of these big guns but died before getting the chance.

It makes me despise the hoarding crap a hell of a lot more than I used to. How many extra years do these people need to get off on having something other fans don't? Why wasn't 10-15 years enough? Some have had it longer. Is there some magic number of years where peak orgasm is reached?

Brodie/Live Free is currently in a coffin with his hoard.

Here is the thing, hearing some of these songs it makes you wonder if the reason they have not leaked is bc they are not very good and the haorders dont want to give that away so they can keep making money off of them.

Its bad enough they hoard these songs but its even worse they sell them.

Have any of the so called big guns ever been that great?
This I love was rubbish.
Prostitute was average at best
The General is think is terrible overall.

There's a finite number of nerds like you and I or those willing to drop small fortunes on tracks. If I've learned anything about this fanbase, it's that once mutual benefits cease, people go into business for themselves. I would bet more than these fuckers are charging for a song, one of these 'hoarders' is going to have their id and ego get the best of them. Not to sound cruel, but Live! Free's hoard is doing him a lot of good now. The Beatles just released a track, so Chinese Democracy starts now? Soon might be the word....relatively.

plus once one person starts selling songs they all will want to cash out before they cant get anything for them

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
James wrote:

After listening to them more the past couple says, that bass tone on Monsters really does have the Duff vibe. Was hard to tell at first. Wasn't as noticeable as Hard School.

The General is wacky. This song should not have been sat on for 20 years. It didn't warrant the hype it received but in all fairness to them, a lot of the hype for this specific song was generated by the fan base itself.

I'd like to hear it without the vocal effects... especially on that chorus.

In a way i guess we could blame Beltrami, it was he who spoke about it first on his forum in 2002/3 and then to IGN. I know we knew there was a song about child abuse but we didn't know what it was called back then. 20 fuckin years...jesus christ

Axl mentioning we'd heard it before... leading to the concert intro...gave fans a false representation of what the song was. Everyone was expecting that as an intro and/or to play throughout the song high in the mix.

wrong-we-were-so-wrong.gif

So far the only big gun that is not a major disappointment. Nothing can live up to hype, but this is a great song. On average I think the unreleased tracks are better than what we got on CD. What a disaster that album was.

I'd rank Monsters above it but yeah...while neither is mind blowing...they belonged on the album. He had to realize that a follow-up was nothing more than a pipe dream and he should've just went all in on the album instead of this leaks +3 crap the album was turned into.

Remove Scraped and one of the ballads. Insert these two. If not one of those, ditch Shackler or the god awful final version of Catcher.

Have any of the so called big guns ever been that great?

Unfortunately....no.

While I do enjoy some of the material obviously, the more time goes by and more songs we hear...I can see Ezrins point of view...and the label's.

If you look at the sessions as a whole, there's a really good album buried in it. It's not Dark Side of the Moon though..not even close. In Pink Floyd terms, it's much closer to something like Meddle without Echoes or Obscured By Clouds.

Here is the thing, hearing some of these songs it makes you wonder if the reason they have not leaked is bc they are not very good and the haorders dont want to give that away so they can keep making money off of them.

Possible.

I think they could make the same amount of money on these songs regardless of quality.

Having said that...the amount willing to pay has to be shrinking.

The two big enchiladas just came out of the oven and no one is raving on them like it's my grandma's turkey dressing.  It's more like my aunt's thick cut al dente french fries... kinda tasty but you need a lot of ketchup to wash it down.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

CD should have been a double album like he intended.

General is my favorite but what impresses me about Monsters is that it pretty seamlessly weaves 3-4 different genres of music together. Really impressive. Funny, these are exactly what I pictured them sounding like

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Chinese Democracy should have been something like this

CD
Better
Hard School
Atlas
Perhaps
If the World
CITR
If the World
Sorry
Madagascar
The Blues
TWAT
The General
Monsters
Prostitute

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Big part of what makes a song great is also the context it's hears in. When you hear it, how you hear it, how it's presented and also where you are at in your life.

Get all this music out closer to when it's written and it will all hit different.

The General frankly sounds really dated, I dig it but musically it's style is well ... early 00s. It's fun to listen to but it would have been enjoyed a lot better if it came out in 02-04.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:

CD should have been a double album like he intended.

General is my favorite but what impresses me about Monsters is that it pretty seamlessly weaves 3-4 different genres of music together. Really impressive. Funny, these are exactly what I pictured them sounding like

Or if it was a double album have disc one be all the straight up rocker songs and ballads like hard school, the blues, perhaps etc then the second disc be the more industrial sounding songs.   

Then all the left over songs could have been the b sides of the CD singles.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

Now that Monsters is out, i don't know why anyone would still hang on to that 2011 cellphone tech recording. You can't hear much under that crowd noise but you can certainty hear a pre slash guitar lead pretty clearish.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

none of which was walker lol
thanks for proving my point

Oh and Axl S was involved so axl s was a hoarder  and he is trying to make the moral high ground over Dark

just more proof how full of crap he is.

None of us had the music until Rick sent it. I recall one night, having to wait for Rick to get home from work, miraculously about 15 minutes after Rick said he was home in chat, an email showed up. Like axl s said we didn't have jack shit unless we lucked out and coerced a clip out of someone in the investor group or walker. I remember walker saying at one point long after the leaks that he never had everything. With no evidence, I assume he was numbers and the leaker who was starting to leak on this site before the chairman took over on discord.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Dadud wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

none of which was walker lol
thanks for proving my point

Oh and Axl S was involved so axl s was a hoarder  and he is trying to make the moral high ground over Dark

just more proof how full of crap he is.

None of us had the music until Rick sent it. I recall one night, having to wait for Rick to get home from work, miraculously about 15 minutes after Rick said he was home in chat, an email showed up. Like axl s said we didn't have jack shit unless we lucked out and coerced a clip out of someone in the investor group or walker. I remember walker saying at one point long after the leaks that he never had everything. With no evidence, I assume he was numbers and the leaker who was starting to leak on this site before the chairman took over on discord.

walker was 3$P who leaked a few songs, and we know it was Walker bc those tracks he fucked with like he did all the songs he leaked.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
harmon420 wrote:

Now that Monsters is out, i don't know why anyone would still hang on to that 2011 cellphone tech recording. You can't hear much under that crowd noise but you can certainty hear a pre slash guitar lead pretty clearish.

They should just leak the Bucket and Robin versions  of these songs since these new versions are out in the wild. there is no reason to even hold on to them anymore

Board footer