You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Cobain's ashes stolen

Neemo wrote:

thats pretty sick and twisted hmm

Kurt Cobain's ashes have apparently been stolen.

According to the News Of The World, the Nirvana frontman's remains - the location of which has previously been kept secret - were taken from the Los Angeles home of his widow Courtney Love.

The ashes were said to have been kept in a "pink teddy bear-shaped bag along with a lock of his hair" and were taken with some jewellery and clothes.

Love is quoted by the paper as saying: "I can't believe anyone would take Kurt's ashes from me. I find it disgusting and right now I'm suicidal. If I don't get them back I don't know what I'll do."

Some of the Nirvana frontman's ashes were previously scattered near his home in Washington State and some at a New York Buddhist temple, with his widow retaining the rest.

She added: "They were all I had left of my husband. I used to take them everywhere with me just so I could feel Kurt was still with me. Now it feels like I have lost him all over again."

Credits for the info to NME.com.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/gen … tolen.html

thanks to thorned rose @ HTGTH

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If you take ashes everywhere you go and treat them like its just some novelty object, its bound to get stolen sooner or later.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I don't think threatening suicide is going to get them back any sooner.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I don't think threatening suicide is going to get them back any sooner.

It actually might motivate someone to hold onto them as along as possible. 14

I would think that when she was taking his ashes everywhere it was part of her grieving process.   Now they seemed to be left in her home which someone has now stolen them.   Very fucked up to do a thing like that.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer