You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Re: Oh My God Live and Album Version

Izzyjim wrote:
BMJ wrote:

This song drives me insane! It's easily one of my all-time favorites, yet I have yet to find a decent version of it. I mess around with it all the time trying to make it sound better, or make a mix of live/studio versions, and while I have made versions that sound better than what was put out on the soundtrack (in my opinion), it's still not what I want it to be.

Is that you, Axl? tongue

Tmgladden
 Rep: 2 

Tmgladden wrote:
BMJ wrote:

This song drives me insane! It's easily one of my all-time favorites, yet I have yet to find a decent version of it. I mess around with it all the time trying to make it sound better, or make a mix of live/studio versions, and while I have made versions that sound better than what was put out on the soundtrack (in my opinion), it's still not what I want it to be.

Over the years I have read different things saying there was another version or two possibly done, but I've never been able to find anything myself that didn't sound worse, or like someone just made it goofing off at their house, and tried to say it was real. Last I remember hearing was that someone leaked a newer version in 2018, but it was taken down fast, and I wasn't one of the people who got it.. there were mixed reviews on it from the people who did get that version.

If it ever gets released, I just hope it's the NuGuns version, and not Slash and Duff. Duff could pull it off, but Slash would dull it way down. I feel like I've been obsessed about this song most of my life, and I'm moderately old now. So many GnR fans hate this song so much, and I guess I can understand that.. but there's just something different about it that always brings me back to a certain time in my life.. I guess because it came out when I was in high school.

Have you heard the bumble foot version?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Allegedly there's a version without the distorted effect on Axl's vocals

Sky Dog wrote:

We need to move past this song….18 versions of every Chinese song.

BMJ
 Rep: 0 

BMJ wrote:
Tmgladden wrote:
BMJ wrote:

Over the years I have read different things saying there was another version or two possibly done, but I've never been able to find anything myself that didn't sound worse, or like someone just made it goofing off at their house, and tried to say it was real. Last I remember hearing was that someone leaked a newer version in 2018, but it was taken down fast, and I wasn't one of the people who got it.. there were mixed reviews on it from the people who did get that version.

If it ever gets released, I just hope it's the NuGuns version, and not Slash and Duff. Duff could pull it off, but Slash would dull it way down. I feel like I've been obsessed about this song most of my life, and I'm moderately old now. So many GnR fans hate this song so much, and I guess I can understand that.. but there's just something different about it that always brings me back to a certain time in my life.. I guess because it came out when I was in high school.

Have you heard the bumble foot version?

I have, and there are parts that are decent, then other parts where it just sounds like a jumbled up mess, not to mention there wasn't any changes to the vocal track. That's the missing link for me really. I've got the song itself sounding as good as it can, at least for me.. but the vocals.. it's almost like he recorded it in a closet, on a Talkboy. If I try and pull some of the white noise out, he starts sounding tinny, and like he's singing from a deep hole. It's just rubbish to work with it, but yet I still try from time to time all these years later to make it work.

I would love to hear the rumored 2006 vocal track, but I am starting to believe it never existed.. or at least won't in my lifetime.

BMJ

BMJ wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:
BMJ wrote:

Is that you, Axl? tongue

Would be cool if he came on here occasionally.. I mean, he's not touring at the moment.

mrcaptain666

mrcaptain666 wrote:

Where I Can find Bublefoot version?

Board footer