You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Re: The General and Monsters

Izzyjim wrote:
axlroselocke1 wrote:

Tom Petty was another example of not losing the fire, at least I feel. I miss Tom

True, true.

Same goes for Bowie, Springsteen, Neil Young, Alice cooper,  Robert Planet....

furly06
 Rep: 0 

furly06 wrote:
busngabb wrote:

Does this confirm the leaks were the final version? I've listened to the start of that and the leak and they're absolutely identical to my ears?

Anyone with headphones costing more than £38 want to disagree with that?

I think they deliberately hid the beginning of the lyrics, to leave the doubt about the mix change of Axl’s voice.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Finally!

Now we just have to pray it sounds good.

Izzyjim wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The only exception I can think of is Roger Waters. The fire is still strong in him.

Touring maybe, but music wise? He hasn't done anything since Amused To Death,  which came out in'91.
A few singles maybe, and a covers album... if his own songs.

You've got an album to catch up on....

furly06

furly06 wrote:
James wrote:

Finally!

Now we just have to pray it sounds good.

Izzyjim wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The only exception I can think of is Roger Waters. The fire is still strong in him.

Touring maybe, but music wise? He hasn't done anything since Amused To Death,  which came out in'91.
A few singles maybe, and a covers album... if his own songs.

[/embed]
Let’s pray they fixed the voice mix

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

busngabb wrote:

Does this confirm the leaks were the final version? I've listened to the start of that and the leak and they're absolutely identical to my ears?

Anyone with headphones costing more than £38 want to disagree with that?

I think the mix is a bit different but not sure

busngabb

busngabb wrote:

Will we get the traditional one week delay like all the other releases?

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
James wrote:

[/embed]

Thanks, I forgot about that one. I won't go off topic, I'll just say that he was not prolific as others artists mentioned earlier

carlossacanell

Izzyjim wrote:
James wrote:

[/embed]

Thanks, I forgot about that one. I won't go off topic, I'll just say that he was not prolific as others artists mentioned earlier

I admire Joe Satriani ... He doesn't stop releasing albums every two years...

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:

It's already out in New Zealand and Australia. Credits from youtube about who is playing on it and production/mixing (the "The General and Monsters" credits from SESAC were about who wrote it).

the_ge12.jpg

Some surprises here. Brain's friend Marc "Mirv" Haggard (one of his two friends he co-wrote The General and Seven with) is on the track and they also kept Pitman on it.

But the biggest surprise is that Caram is that they kept Caram's mix, even though Perhaps was mixed by someone else (Joe Barresi). I suppose this is an old mix from 2-3 years ago, but I would expect that there would be at least some consistency for the two sides of the vinyl.

furly06

furly06 wrote:
Blackstar wrote:

It's already out in New Zealand and Australia. Credits from youtube about who is playing on it and production/mixing (the "The General and Monsters" credits from SESAC were about who wrote it).

https://i.servimg.com/u/f97/20/05/33/00/the_ge12.jpg

Some surprises here. Brain's friend Marc "Mirv" Haggard (one of his two friends he co-wrote The General and Seven with) is on the track and they also kept Pitman on it.

But the biggest surprise is that Caram is that they kept Caram's mix, even though Perhaps was mixed by someone else (Joe Barresi). I suppose this is an old mix from 2-3 years ago, but I would expect that there would be at least some consistency for the two sides of the vinyl.

Very interesting. We hope that the mixes of the two tracks are good.

Board footer