You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: The General and Monsters

faldor wrote:

It’s #1 on the iTunes rock chart… for now. Still a bit disappointing that they went all out initially with “Perhaps” and this song gets released and that’s about it. The music video for Perhaps was such a pleasant surprise, but of course they did nothing to follow up on that so the interest died pretty quickly. The nothingness surrounding this song will make everyone forget about it by the evening. I understand it’s a “B” side, but it’s certainly not your typical B side, especially with the lack of material released over the years. They do the bare minimum and despite some signs of change with the Perhaps release, it’s now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

T.Axl
 Rep: 0 

T.Axl wrote:

In 2016, MSL was interviewed by a Brazilian blogger, saying that "'The General' is absolutely amazing and I hope and pray that it is on the next album. This is definitely my favorite from the next album out of all the ones I've heard.".

https://whiplash.net/materias/entrevist … roses.html

I'd like to know what this version he got is like, how different it is (or not)......

furly06

furly06 wrote:
faldor wrote:

It’s #1 on the iTunes rock chart… for now. Still a bit disappointing that they went all out initially with “Perhaps” and this song gets released and that’s about it. The music video for Perhaps was such a pleasant surprise, but of course they did nothing to follow up on that so the interest died pretty quickly. The nothingness surrounding this song will make everyone forget about it by the evening. I understand it’s a “B” side, but it’s certainly not your typical B side, especially with the lack of material released over the years. They do the bare minimum and despite some signs of change with the Perhaps release, it’s now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Can you link? I can’t find the ranking

UYI4
 Rep: 1 

UYI4 wrote:

So many hating in comments on social media sites.  Lots love it.  I heard the recent leak of the G.  So I’d heard it prior but new one sounds better than the leak to my ears.  I think something people are to remember is this is supposed to be considered a “B-side.”  To me that means song that was thrown out due to it feeling not strong enough etc.. or maybe CD era band or new returning slash duff band or Axl feel or felt at some point that it wasn’t worthy for an album release.  I think we’d all still agree that it’s still them releasing something which is better than nothing.  Even the worst GNR song id welcome to have something new.  People jock AFD so much.  Sure it’s great.  I’m more of an illusions guy.  I love the grandiose Queen on steroids.  To me that’s when GNR found a defined sound as a band was UYI.  To me people need to stop jerking AFD and be glad something is even happening.  Even if the way the band goes about it and the slowness of it is completely stupid and unnecessary.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

i love the song tbh but look how crap the artwork is on my copy. Is this just a UK thing or is it the same for anyone else here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilkBVWltB-4

carlossacanell

UYI4 wrote:

So many hating in comments on social media sites.  Lots love it.  I heard the recent leak of the G.  So I’d heard it prior but new one sounds better than the leak to my ears.  I think something people are to remember is this is supposed to be considered a “B-side.”  To me that means song that was thrown out due to it feeling not strong enough etc.. or maybe CD era band or new returning slash duff band or Axl feel or felt at some point that it wasn’t worthy for an album release.  I think we’d all still agree that it’s still them releasing something which is better than nothing.  Even the worst GNR song id welcome to have something new.  People jock AFD so much.  Sure it’s great.  I’m more of an illusions guy.  I love the grandiose Queen on steroids.  To me that’s when GNR found a defined sound as a band was UYI.  To me people need to stop jerking AFD and be glad something is even happening.  Even if the way the band goes about it and the slowness of it is completely stupid and unnecessary.

I love Chinese Democracy. It has very good songs in a new direction and i think some bands always do the same and others like GNR search for new directions: AFD, UYI, CD...
But at some point they have a catalogue. And we as hardcore fans have our hopes in the new material to be at the average of that catalogue.
I was listening yesterday to the General in Spotify and i was almost slept and when TG finished next song was Don't Cry ... I realized then the BIG difference in terms of quality.
I think all we have til now Absurd, HS, Perhaps and now TG don't fit in the GNR catalogue as most of the songs of Chinese do.
I still have curiosity about Seven or others but.... Ummmm... So dissapointed with the last songs except Perhaps (nothing out of this world but It fits in the illusions).
That's my honest opinion and don't want to upset anyone here.
I listen for example to Buckcherry and every album has very good songs which adds to their catalogue. Opposite to GNR. And other many bands. But at the end of the day, i love GNR and i'm always waiting for their music.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Considering the money involved, GN'R has to be the most amateurish organization in the whole world. Almost a billion dollar business and they are run like a low end kebab shop.

At least the song is good...

carlossacanell

The metaphore is like GNR being the BEST football striker of the world scoring 50 goals per year and now the striker scores 10 goals and most of them by penalty. Lol

furly06

furly06 wrote:
UYI4 wrote:

True, people remain in the nostalgia of those times demanding that Guns make songs like those of the AFD era, Or if they recognize that times have changed think then that the Guns should stop because despite all nostalgic still regret the past.

furly06

furly06 wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:
UYI4 wrote:

I love Chinese Democracy. It has very good songs in a new direction and i think some bands always do the same and others like GNR search for new directions: AFD, UYI, CD...
But at some point they have a catalogue. And we as hardcore fans have our hopes in the new material to be at the average of that catalogue.
I was listening yesterday to the General in Spotify and i was almost slept and when TG finished next song was Don't Cry ... I realized then the BIG difference in terms of quality.
I think all we have til now Absurd, HS, Perhaps and now TG don't fit in the GNR catalogue as most of the songs of Chinese do.
I still have curiosity about Seven or others but.... Ummmm... So dissapointed with the last songs except Perhaps (nothing out of this world but It fits in the illusions).
That's my honest opinion and don't want to upset anyone here.
I listen for example to Buckcherry and every album has very good songs which adds to their catalogue. Opposite to GNR. And other many bands. But at the end of the day, i love GNR and i'm always waiting for their music.

Wise words. Too many occasional or nostalgic fans.

Board footer