You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: The General and Monsters

monkeychow wrote:

Prime Axl is so far ahead of Prime Vince it's crazy.

Vince has always been a good frontman mind you but Axl is god level back in the day.

Overall Axl still has moments of brillance, like twat last year....

But the thing is who sounds worse singing their own songs most of the time these days. Not which is the better singer, but like which song will be more butchered?

Vince will mumble his way through Key Star Ma Har, and Axl will do You Could Be Mine in full mickey.

It's kinda a toss up which version is the more offensive. Like Vince will be on pitch and key, with zero pronunciation and gasping for air, no understandable english lyrics, but the party feel of the song remains cos it always had a 'yell out and party" vibe. You could be mine on the other hand which still be sung technically well, we will make out all the words even some we never did back in the day, but the anger, the agression and the mood of the song will be totally lost as you listen to the disney version.

So it's really a devils choice for me.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I guess what i'm trying to say it while Vince is worse performance wise, I think Motley's musical style is more forgiving to it - as the songs are mostly good vibe party songs.

GNR songs are aggressive, moody, with emotional screams and angry power vocals.

GNR's music itself demands more of the singer, so it's like the pass mark required for GNR is harder to hit.

Anyway a combined tour would be good, except someone needs to ask motely to dust off their pyro, got a bit cheap looking since the pandemic, and that's not something I ever thought I would think about motley's pyro shows.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:

Axl vs Vince Neil? Sorry, that's the only thing that came to mind big_smile

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Agree Motley is easier to sing and easier to sing badly. I actually kind of enjoy Vince Neil at his worst. Obviously it's terrible, but the vibe is still there as you say. Him being fat and out of shape just adds to it for me, like they are doing a Spinal Tap performance.

Sky Dog wrote:

Please tell me y’all aren’t serious……can’t think of anything worse than Motley Crue with Guns. Somebody shoot me and put me out of my misery.

furly06
 Rep: 0 

furly06 wrote:

Only now it came to my mind, but when I looked at the gnr’s Happy New Year’s Greetings Instagram post I noticed that there was a cover in the background that I had already seen. Actually in the post there were the posters of other tours, so he could go into that category, but I think it’s a clue to Monsters, because some time ago one had created a costum cover of the song.

The Costum Cover
https://ibb.co/HKXtRcM

The post
https://ibb.co/3vY4TjX

Maybe a clue or a joke

Sky Dog wrote:

axl Back to The General….so, I’ve really started to love this song. The subject matter is pretty heavy since it is likely about the child abuse Axl  suffered. It’s about the mental conflict going on in his head which is why you get the tempo changes, vocal changes, etc. The ending actually makes sense to me now. It’s a cry of pain and defiance. The chaotic shredding matches Axl’s chaotic wailing.

It’s Axl’s primal scream therapy. John Lennon’s best solo album Plastic Ono Band is really fucking heavy and came out after Lennon went through his therapy.

Maybe I’m way off but that’s the cool thing about Axl’s lyrics, he keeps us guessing on what the song is actually about.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

I completely agree, I identify with the song a lot and it is very sad, it is pure art, so much so that it hurts! Greetings!

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I think The General is a great song buried under shitty sound effects and a cheesy instrumental.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I really like it, I just wish the outro went longer. Like slash's solo was warming up, Axl doing those heart felt screams then it just kinda stops dead...I wish it had more of a breakdown or locomotive outro or something, or even something like Slash's wicked stone live outro.

But I do think it's great.

Board footer