You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: SLASH Comments On Being 'Snubbed' By DR. PEPPER

Neemo wrote:

In a recent interview, British rock magazine Mojo asked former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash what his feelings were about getting snubbed by Dr. Pepper as part of the drink manufacturer's recent "Chinese Democracy" promotion. (Dr. Pepper has vowed to give everyone in the U.S. a free can of the drink if GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy", is released this year. Everyone, that is, apart from Slash and Buckethead [GUNS N' ROSES guitarist 2000-2004].)

"Yeah, someone sent me a text about that at 3:00 a.m. last night," Slash replied. "I thought, 'What kind of left-field shit is that?' It's pretty funny, actually. I guess Buckethead and I will just have to make do with Coca-Cola."

"Chinese Democracy" has reportedly been in the works since 1995, with singer Axl Rose the only original member still in the band. According to a report published two years ago by the New York Times, Rose had allegedly burned through $13 million in the studio by that point.

www.blabbermouth.net

wow...looks like he really couldn't give a shit huh? 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I like how he shrugs this CD shit off now. He realizes the pop culture joke status its become, and clearly doesn't take it seriously anymore.

Had this Dr Pepper promo happened a couple years ago, his comments would probably have been different.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Pretty cool that he acknowledges BH. He talks like they're in the same boat (in a way, they are, both evicted/left due to Axl's craziness)

Slash could give a shit and I don't blame.   It was really fucked up anyhow that they were even brought up by the person running this in the Dr. Pepper corp.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Am I missing something - he only got the message last night? What planet are you on slash?by the sounds of it robin will be slurping the back wash of that can of coke too!

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Am I missing something - he only got the message last night? What planet are you on slash?

i guess he jsut doesnt read up on Axl's latest news..

also it's prolly the first time anyone bothered to ask him about it

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I bet he follows axls 'news' more than all of us put together! And vice versa with axl of course who now has vrs former managers to give him the down and dirty

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

you could be right i dont know him personally, but i dont think that Slash bothers with much other than himself, his family and his band...just the impression i get from interviews and his book

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Awesome...coke owns Dr Pepper anyway wink wink

It was friendly how he mentioned bucket too.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't think he cares either. While the legacy is obviously important to him and so would a reunion, there's no reason for him to even be interested in CD anymore.

Board footer