You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: SMKC plays Don’t Damn Me!!! (live debut)

metallex78 wrote:

I felt this was very worthy of its own discussion.

Slash played "Don't Damn Me" in Mexico, opening show of the tour, with Todd singing. First time it has ever been played live too!

Don’t Damn Me is one of the holy grails of GN’R songs I’ve wanted to hear live, and Slash is doing it smart playing it with SMKC, a tight professional band that won’t fuck it up like you know GN’R would…

I’ve seen a SMKC setlist from this show too, and where Don’t Damn Me is listed, it has Perfect Crime and Bad Apples as alternates.

Could it be that Slash wants to play these songs with GN’R, but Axl won’t, or just can’t vocally do it?

Either way, I’m so glad that it’s been played live

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

One of the few songs they never played back in the day, and I guess the only one they never played because it is so hard to sing.

I'd like to hear this version. Mostly for Slash as I don't expect Kennedy to do this much justice.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

One of the few songs they never played back in the day, and I guess the only one they never played because it is so hard to sing.

I'd like to hear this version. Mostly for Slash as I don't expect Kennedy to do this much justice.

Of course Kennedy won’t do it justice, that’s why Todd was singing it.

He’s no Axl, but he did a respectable go at it. And probably better than a 2024 Axl would sound.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

No doubt better than Axl would be able to now.

Is there any video of it?

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

No doubt better than Axl would be able to now.

Is there any video of it?

I’d post some links but I can never get YouTube videos to display here.

Just search Slash - Don’t Damn Me, and you’ll find a few audience recordings.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

It seems incredible, this guy sings with a very flat voice, he doesn't do the song justice, he adjusts it to his voice and little else, worthy and respectable, but very flat as a singer, Kennedy is a better singer than this one, what happens is that his voice does not adapt to those tones, even Axl would sing it much better, it has more registers, another thing is that he could not sing it as in his best moment, the only one who overshadows Axl is himself when he was young, and I I'm not so sure that he can't sing it correctly now, he has shut us up many times in the past, since he reappeared in 2001 he has been surprising us with voice changes, but this guy is a very fair singer, what a work... No intention of offending anyone, greetings

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

I use a translator, sorry for the writing, but I think the message is understood, thank you

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Wasn't expecting much but this was not bad. Tolerable.

Think maybe Axl could pull this off somewhat.

Board footer