You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

James wrote:

The revolving door needs to stop. Its played a huge role in the public's perception of GNR post 96. If this project is really gonna get off the ground, it has to be a semi cohesive band and treated as GNR by Axl and his inner circle.

If Huge or BH cant be brought back, just leave the slot empty. The last thing this project needs is a new guitarist.

Sky Dog wrote:

The new Gnr is not a cohesive unit without Robin and Tommy.....unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it, the chances of a cohesive unit ever happening again with the CD era musicians are slim and none. Maybe Azoff can persuade Axl to release CD as a solo record and take the old school sounding tracks like The Blues and Twat back to the old band for a reunion tour and album. Out of 4 albums worth of material, he has to have some old school songs that the original band could add to or re-record if necessary.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

This is awesome. It's one of those little things that sets NIN apart. You know how easy it would've been for GN'R to take some rehearsal photos before the 06 tour? And get a sampler EP of opening bands with artwork and wallpapers? Must've been pretty easy. And the fanbase would've gone crazy over it. Seeing the band together rehearsing, especially with Axl there, would've made us all positive fans for a few days at least.

But Axl will never do that sort of thing. Which is a shame.

Good luck Robin and Freese - you won't need it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

looks like robin has shaved that playoff beard. If he is truly out of GNR then oh well, I mean who honestly did not see this coming. Ever since the last version of NIN disbanded, I had a feeling that Robin would go back to them. Robin is the quintessential NIN guitarist and Slash is the quintessential GNR guitarist. Now that NIN got their guitarist back, hopefully GNR can do the same.........

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

He looks so much cooler now... amazing, it's like all of the sudden he has charisma and presence.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

Anyone remember this?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?sho … =0&start=0

My name is Michael and I live 3 hours away from Monterrey Mexico. It was my friend Gloria and Ernest that joined me to go. We left around 9 a.m. on Saturday and got there around noon. My friend Gloria had her friend pick us up in Monterrey. My friend Gloria and her friend used to work together in the dodge arena. They went there own ways. My friend Gloria is a meet and greet person for all bands in Planet Hollywood Hotel. And her friend the one who picked us up, is the protomer of the Arena Monterrey. Her name is Ezel. She took us to eat in the nice part of Monterrey, called San Pedro. It was a very nice resturant. I had some of the best tacos, ever! Anyway, while we were there she was all nervous because Axl still had not arrived in Monterrey. The band was there already and had been rehearsing all day at the arena. She told us that Axl was one of the most hardest people to work with, go figure. She told us about his list of things he wants. Just endless pages of items. Just with liqour alone it was more than 3 pages long, just for him. And that in his dressing room he wants the wall with cusion so he could feel nice about himself. After the resturant she dropped us off at my friends Ernest grandmas house, while she went back to the arena to go work. We went to the arena around 6 to go hang backstage in her office. I wish I had a story that I met the band, but that would be a lie. I did see Richard Fn Fortus from a distance though. That was cool. I made my way to my seat which the protomer gave us. The best damn seats in the fn house! Right off the stage to the right. I saw everything. The people working on the guitars backstage, the sound crew, etc. The first band got pissed and only played 2 songs. The second band played a whole 30 mins and finished around 10:30. GNR started a little past 12:30. It was cool. I saw the whole band coming up the ramp. Robin was first of course because he starts off jungle. You all know about the setlist so I wont put it. The fn concert was the shit. I had a moment with bubblefoot. During the blues he came to our side and I was the only one rocking out to that song. I was up throwing the rock sign and he pointed at me, yes me! And threw me the rock sign back and pointed to his guitar and back to me. That was the shit!!! Anyway concert was over, another good one. It was my 4th time seeing them. Lets get down to some dirt. I was told after the concert by a higher up in the arena that Robin, which the "higher up" didnt know his name. He called him the guy with big hair and big beard. Anyway, that Robin was pissed before the show that he was threating to quit the band because Axl does the same shit all the time. That he was hitting the walls and cursing loud. Lets talk about Mr. Rose. He landed in Monterrey late evening and did not get off the plane for 2 whole hrs because he was nervous. He was flying with is psychiatrist to help him. And when he finally was in the arena. It was only Axl, beta and the psychiatrist in the room . They keeped on knocking on his door to see if he his ready but the psychiatrist keeped coming out saying five mins. They later found out that Axl was afraid because it was the first performance in several months. I did see the psychiatrist, right next to Axls oxygen tank in the back. So I guess Axl still has mental problems. I think he gets a bad rep. People think he is a dick because he comes out late. He does not do it on purpose, he just suffers from a mental issue. I once suffered from anxiety and depression and it is the worst thing in the world. It is not something to get over in a snap of a finger. Yes, he makes us wait, but know you know why. Give the guy a break.

Click on my profile to look at my backstage pass and my ticket to the show.

And people said this was bullshit last year about Robin being pissed.

Seem like he got pissed and left GNR this time but doesn't feel the need to say one way or the other because if you all remember correctly, we were told BH was still in and he wasn't.

Robin left because Axl won't release CD. Axl is bantering back and forth with his record company and neither will budge.

Robin got fed up. I am sure Robin would be sitting very pretty with $$ from CD sales if it were released. The only difference is that Robin doesn't have any side projects to keep him busy like the others do so he went back to NIN where in my opinion, belongs.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

Robin won't get any royalties from CD......maybe publishing money if  songs he has writing credits on are played on the radio or whored out to movies and advertising.:cool:

ps I do agree that Robin got fed up like countless others, for whatever reason, and simply said fuck off.

Board footer