You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Re: Overall feelings on the CD era songs....

Dadud wrote:

Actually, that one website that leaked all 9 tracks said they were all master copies, i dont know if thats true, but these are deffiantly not from 01-04.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Dadud wrote:

Actually, that one website that leaked all 9 tracks said they were all master copies, i dont know if thats true, but these are deffiantly not from 01-04.

Just because its "mastered" doesn't date it to the present.

Everyone and their grandma knows this album was mixed/mastered YEARS ago. Stinson used to say it constantly.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Pretty obvious these are from the 2001-04 era. Makes me happy as a pig in shit.

Message to hoarders: Keep the BBF/Frank tracks until doomsday. Just give us steady leaks of the BH era.

I agree with you to an extent. I believe these demos (the new boys), at least their vocals are definately pre '05. I also think that at least one of these "new" songs never made past the demo stage. We won't know for sure until we get that infamous CD.

I think we're making some premature judgements when we don't know any of the songs that will make the final cut or if these "new" demos are even close to final cuts themselves. Check out some some of the UYI demos. Those songs evolved greatly in a few year span, especially vocally.

My guess would be on 2004.

It'll be interesting to hear how these songs will sound once they're finished another time around.

James

James wrote:

They don't need to be finished again. Its amazing he was afraid to release this years ago, and its sad that the majority of talent bailed from this project over the past few years. Four people on these tracks are no longer in the band.

James Lofton wrote:

They don't need to be finished again.

I agree, but they obviously have been.

But I don't think that the change has been extreme - just new vocals and so forth.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

An interesting note. Quite a few didn't like Chi Dem until it leaked last year and a studio version compeltely changed people's minds on the songs, and it's the same with Rhiad for the most part. So what happens with the most hated song Silkworms. Perhaps it's the best yet wink

My personal favourite song now is actually the Unknown Track. I just fell it has great enery and power than I can't find in the other songs although that maybe because I've been listening to most of them for the past year and a bit.

James

James wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

They don't need to be finished again.

I agree, but they obviously have been.

But I don't think that the change has been extreme - just new vocals and so forth.

Bumblefoot has been added, so the change is likely to be somewhat extreme.

I'm not buying the record if BH is removed. To show financial support to those members gone, I will buy whatever solo projects they do.

James

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

An interesting note. Quite a few didn't like Chi Dem until it leaked last year and a studio version compeltely changed people's minds.

CD became one of my all time fave GNR songs the moment it was played in 2001. Always knew a studio track would convince others.

Other than The Blues and now If the World, CD is still the strongest track from these sessions.

James Lofton wrote:

Bumblefoot has been added, so the change is likely to be somewhat extreme.

Not necessarily.

Bumblefoot and Frank did minor work on Chinese Democracy according to the official website and I do believe that it's no more than that.

I also believe that they added small parts to songs that needed attention rather than replacing old parts which were contributed by either Buckethead or Paul Huge.

The possibility of them replacing parts is obviously there, but if it benefits the song I don't really see the problem. But Axl isn't stupid either, he wouldn't erase something that already worked even if he might have tried something different.

Board footer