You are not logged in. Please register or login.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

Re: Overall feelings on the CD era songs....

supaplex wrote:
elmir wrote:
supaplex wrote:

that's why he can't get an album out. i want an album, i bet he knows that. i bet he was "in the know" for some time now.

"can't" and "won't" are two different intentions all together....lately, i have been leaning towards the "won't" side...

why not, i have no clue, but i genuinely think that he is purposefully stalling it for some or other reason....

yes, you may be right. but the "won't" side does not make it better at all 16

elmir
 Rep: 53 

Re: Overall feelings on the CD era songs....

elmir wrote:
supaplex wrote:

yes, you may be right. but the "won't" side does not make it better at all 16

no, it doesn't, but it does create a glimmer of hope that behind the scenes there is some sort of a rationale, no matter how crazy it may be....

and "crazy" Axl makes the best music....all of his best music was done when he was depressed, oppressed, upset about something or sad about something else....they guy is simply unable to create musical magic when he's "normal" and happy....

so, for as long as he keeps on facing an uphill battle with this album, the chances are that we will get what we are hoping for...

only problem is....we may all be in retirement homes by then....but fuck it....i'll still log on here....even then....to repeat the same shit i'm saying now....

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Overall feelings on the CD era songs....

Mikkamakka wrote:
DCK wrote:

Axl probably said those were his fave songs because they were gonna play them.

Anyway, as I mentioned in the post in the Untitled song, either you will "get it" or you "don't".
These may be A-list material but they're not finished, especially Untitled sounds like a demo. And maybe a rather old demo too. I can't hear Buckethead on there. So before or after BH maybe.

These are musical pieces above what VR does or Motley Crue or any other rock band you might wanna compare GNR to. Axl is above all that and this is what we get. If you're a die hard rocker you won't be able to dig this because it doesn't sound like Appetite or Illusion. Which is the problem with the material too. Axl is making masterpieces for the wrong crowd of a fanbase. If he's gonna bring those people on for the ride, he have to take it VERY slowly because without warning, going from Jungle to If The World will be a culture crash.

I "get it" because I have been prepared for 8 years. I see most people here "get it" as well, if others do Im not so sure. Sorry to say.

I think you're wrong, but I respect your opinion. IMO Axl's material isn't too advanced for the world... it's simply not good enough. I listen a lot of music, from very different genres, nobody can say I'm not open-minded, but a typical dumb-ass rocker. (You didn't say that, of course.) But Axl clearly got off the track. The demos mirror his long-debated mental state: cheesy and disturbed, sometimes agressive. It could be good, but unfortunately the material is mostly a pure mess.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Overall feelings on the CD era songs....

DCK wrote:

You are obviously not one of the dumbass people, as your posts makes perfect sense and is well written. I don't agree with any of it since it's based on demo recordings and "ideas" Axl had, but I might agree with you once the album is out. Right now, I don't. Im writing a book atm and it looks just like these demos...a mess. But I know it won't do it in the end.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Overall feelings on the CD era songs....

faldor wrote:

I'm really digging "If The World" out of the 3 new ones.  It's so different from anything I've heard from any GNR lineup, but I think I like it.  "Rhiad" is growing on me, wasn't a fan of the live version.  The other song starts out strong but doesn't do it for me the whole way through.  And I always liked the other leaks.

All I know is that by the time CD is actually released we're all gonna have like 9 different versions of the album with all the various leaks and such.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Overall feelings on the CD era songs....

bigbri wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
DCK wrote:

Axl probably said those were his fave songs because they were gonna play them.

Anyway, as I mentioned in the post in the Untitled song, either you will "get it" or you "don't".
These may be A-list material but they're not finished, especially Untitled sounds like a demo. And maybe a rather old demo too. I can't hear Buckethead on there. So before or after BH maybe.

.

Really, you don't hear Bucket's guitar theatrics from 4:25 to 4:40?

James
 Rep: 647 

Re: Overall feelings on the CD era songs....

James wrote:

Bri, its called denial.:haha:

When people who don't like BH are forced to listen to him, they don't like to admit BH just gave them a swift kick in the ass.



As a tribute to Bucket, gonna have to add my BH smiley to the site.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

Re: Overall feelings on the CD era songs....

elmir wrote:

he's definitely on those songs....that much is obvious....even on the first listen....the questions is whether or not he trades some solo space with someone else, or is he doing all the work...?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Overall feelings on the CD era songs....

PaSnow wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
DCK wrote:

Axl probably said those were his fave songs because they were gonna play them.

Anyway, as I mentioned in the post in the Untitled song, either you will "get it" or you "don't".
These may be A-list material but they're not finished, especially Untitled sounds like a demo. And maybe a rather old demo too. I can't hear Buckethead on there. So before or after BH maybe.

These are musical pieces above what VR does or Motley Crue or any other rock band you might wanna compare GNR to. Axl is above all that and this is what we get. If you're a die hard rocker you won't be able to dig this because it doesn't sound like Appetite or Illusion. Which is the problem with the material too. Axl is making masterpieces for the wrong crowd of a fanbase. If he's gonna bring those people on for the ride, he have to take it VERY slowly because without warning, going from Jungle to If The World will be a culture crash.

I "get it" because I have been prepared for 8 years. I see most people here "get it" as well, if others do Im not so sure. Sorry to say.

I think you're wrong, but I respect your opinion. IMO Axl's material isn't too advanced for the world... it's simply not good enough. I listen a lot of music, from very different genres, nobody can say I'm not open-minded, but a typical dumb-ass rocker. (You didn't say that, of course.) But Axl clearly got off the track. The demos mirror his long-debated mental state: cheesy and disturbed, sometimes agressive. It could be good, but unfortunately the material is mostly a pure mess.

First off DCK, your opinion is no higher than any of ours. So no need to say "sorry to say" to us who don't like it because don't feel sorry for me, but IMHO these leaks stink. They are FAR from masterpieces. For starters, Better, CD & other older leaks blow the 3 new songs away. Second, i have to believe these are demos. They are pretty aimless, and Axls screetchy high pitched vocals are terrible. There's nothing to get, there is no click of the switch after multiple listening, it's just not all that great to me. I agree with Mikkimakka 100% and personally give me For A Brother, Gravedancer, and  Last Fight off Libertad over these 3 any day. A few of the earlier leaks were good, really good, myb great, but even none of them were 'masterpieces'. These 3 are just aimless. I still don't think CD will come out in the next few years, but if it is it needs better songs than these 3. Or they need to be fixed. No masterpieces here, you can't polish a turd.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Overall feelings on the CD era songs....

bigbri wrote:
elmir wrote:

he's definitely on those songs....that much is obvious....even on the first listen....the questions is whether or not he trades some solo space with someone else, or is he doing all the work...?

Yeah, definitely. If The World may be the case. From 3:20 to 3:50 it sounds like the solo could be Robin's, but I can't be for sure. I go either way on that.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB