You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: George Carlin has died

Rex wrote:

http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/06/62841/index.html

He was a very funny guy, imo...he will be missed.

RIP

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm in total shock right now. I don't even know what to say. God must have been sad and needed a good laugh so he called George's number. I will now forever regret not getting to see his stand up routine. Almost went in Joplin when I was in college but skipped it.

RIP George. There will NEVER be another like you.

DAMN.

James

James wrote:

The forum will have an honorary moment of silence for Mr. Carlin.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

RIP to a legend.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Wow.  RIP Mr. Carlin.  My first memory of him was as Ringo Starr's replacement in the Mr. Conductor role on Shining Time Station.  Of course, as I grew up, I found out a lot more about his stand up and truly gained an appreciation for his art.  He was one of the true advocates for free speech within the past 50 years and had a wonderfully hilarious perspective on life.  I wish I would've got to see his stand up a few years back when he made his way to St. John's.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

I'm devastated. I've been dreading this day, he was my favorite comedian. I used to IM James all the time and we'd talk about him. He was just the absolute best ever, and there will never, ever be another like him. He took what Lenny Bruce started and did it better with genuine honesty and originality.

I'm just sad and stunned. In tears. sad

RIP George, I'll miss you, thanks for the education and the laughs.

James

James wrote:

Bruce couldn't hold Carlin's jockstrap.....

Some of Carlin's finest moments were on Bill Maher's show. He obviously didn't do much of his more vulgar humor, but he had such a fresh and funny take on the political world.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

wow, just wow.

sad news to wake up to. great comedian. don't know what to say...

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

I'm devastated. I've been dreading this day, he was my favorite comedian. I used to IM James all the time and we'd talk about him. He was just the absolute best ever, and there will never, ever be another like him. He took what Lenny Bruce started and did it better with genuine honesty and originality.

I'm just sad and stunned. In tears. sad

RIP George, I'll miss you, thanks for the education and the laughs.

I feel the same way. I always thought he would live to 100 and keep on kickin' ass up until that day. His 2008 HBO show was yet another classic in his long, incredible career. As James said, there will never be another like him. This sucks. RIP, George.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

Damn.  What a shock.  Sad news.  All I can say right now is

shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker, and tits.

RIP George. sad

Edit to add:  There's a bunch of good youtube clips on Ain't It Cool  http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37182

Board footer