You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

Re: Song #2 (Unknown Title)

sic. wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

Prositute: "Prostitute" is another song that is very likely to be on "Chinese Democracy". The song goes back to 1996, and it was first confirmed by Kerrang in 1999. I did however get confirmation that it's much older through a contact who was working at Geffen.

If true, it might've been included in the 7 song batch Axl and Paul Huge wrote for the old band to record in August '96 - along with Oklahoma, possibly.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

People claim all sorts of things on these sites.

Ok go by what people who worked on the song said about it.
Buckmaster said the song is like fire and ice. And its 4 mins long.  The song is 6 months long and its not like fire and ice.  Its a ballad with no heavy parts at all.  Also Brain said its one of the best songs on the album and while its a good song its not one of the best of the leaks.

This was said by Youth or was it Axl

Prositute: "Prostitute" is another song that is very likely to be on "Chinese Democracy". The song goes back to 1996, and it was first confirmed by Kerrang in 1999. I did however get confirmation that it's much older through a contact who was working at Geffen. He said he heard the song, and said it was a rocking tune that reminded him of the old band. He may have said the song was kinda like "November Rain" meets "Nightrain", but this is based on a conversation that happened in 1997, so memory slips.

The song is not rockin at all

I know whats been said about it. GNR have shoved Prostitute hype down my throat since my early 20's.

Then take into account these same fucking songs keep getting recorded again and again, I'm sure the description has changed by now. It probably went from a Megadeth song to a Michael Bolton song.

Just because old hyped quotes dont jive with what we're hearing doesn't mean its not Prostitute.

2006-07 setlist:

Chinese Democracy
The Blues
IRS
Better
Madagascar
There Was a Time
Riyadh
If the World
Prostitute

2008 Chinese Democracy leak:

Chinese Democracy
The Blues
IRS
Better
Madagascar
There Was a Time
Riyadh
If the World
"Track 2"

Could someone please dig up Einstein's corpse and help us solve this unsolvable mystery??

James

James wrote:

Just listened to this song REALLY loud. Had only heard it a few times since the leaks because I cant stand it.

He says Prostitute at 3:53.

Why is it still being debated everywhere?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Yep, it is Prostitute. It's a good song, but it's not that amazing.

sic.

sic. wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Because after all these years, the image I've been handed was of a track that'd rip my teeth out of their gums.

And I know I'm not alone in that.

(Track 2 is a good song, certainly growing on me. Just couldn't connect it to the Prostitute myth in a million years.)

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
sic. wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Because after all these years, the image I've been handed was of a track that'd rip my teeth out of their gums.

(Track 2 is a good song, certainly growing on me. Just couldn't connect it to the Prostitute myth in a million years.)

So you admit you're in denial because you're clinging to the hope that Prostitute is the best song ever? Well at least you're honest. Most of us in this fanbase won't even admit that much. 16

Thank God for TDK. I know for sure that it won't disappoint like Chinese Democracy surely will.

James

James wrote:
sic. wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I agree its not what we all expected, but is any of it?

Seven, eight years ago did anyone predict the album was going in this direction?

I'm glad these leaks happened. Not just for the music, but its bringing the fanbase to the reality it should have always been at. Its just a record. It can be enjoyed, but now there's normal expectations of it. Its blasphemy that it was hyped for such a LONG period of time.

The album went from the hype of Kashmir to the reality of Marty Balin's "Hearts".

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The album went from the hype of Kashmir to the reality of Marty Balin's "Hearts".

Hey lets not knock Marty Balin..... sure Hearts is lame but the guy ruled in the Airplane, one of my top 5 bands of all time.....!

Never thought I'd see his name on a post about Chinese Democracy though. Too funny. 16

sic.

sic. wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

So you admit you're in denial because you're clinging to the hope that Prostitute is the best song ever? Well at least you're honest. Most of us in this fanbase won't even admit that much. 16

Still no undeniable evidence, let alone confirmation that Track #2 is Prostitute. When the leaks first hit us, a lot of people were saying it's This I Love, and how did that turn out?

If it turns out to be Prostitute, we all have a lot of time to get used to the idea.

For the record, I never expected Prostitute to be the best song ever (still to hear a CD song to reach those heights), but surely I expected something different than what Track #2 offered. More to the point; I expected a rocker - the rocker of the album, the one that songs like CD and Better would compliment.

The title is like CD itself (as far as the album's concerned), it's a terrible burden for any song. This I Love will be no different, and all the Harp Bitches in the world won't save it from scrutiny.

Rhiad and If The World are a breath of fresh air however, and have certainly rejuvenated my interest in the album. Track 2 would have everything easier if it wouldn't be associated to the 'Prostitute' title.

James

James wrote:

Wasn't knocking Balin. I actually like Hearts, and the Jefferson Starship track Run Away is fucking great.

Was just trying to put these various ballads into a bit of perspective that doesn't include two tons of hype.

Don't feel like waiting for Chinese Democracy vol.2? Guess what? You don't have to!

Go to Itunes and download these tracks:

Marty Balin- Hearts
Al Stewart- Year of the Cat
Brenda Russell- Piano in the Dark
Simply Red- Mellow My Mind
Bob Seger- Shame on the Moon
The Cure- Lovesong
Jim Croce- Time in a Bottle
Journey- Don't Stop Believin'
Rod Stewart- Love Touch
Chris Isaac- Wicked Game

Burn it and write CD on the disc.