You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Help Me Get Into Buckethead!!!

monkeychow wrote:

bucket

Ok....so here's the thing...

I don't own a lot of bucket's stuff but I want to get some more, but I know he is very advante guard and basicly to be honest i'm more interested in stuff that shows off his incredible technique and shred type stuff than some of the more crazy stuff.

Previously the only songs i'd really heard where "Jorden" from Guitar Hero and "Nottingham Lace" which I downloaded free from his website. I was so damn impressed with the latter that i raced out to my local CD store and bought "Enter the Chicken".

This was where my excitment ended. No disrespect to fans of bucket that love the CD but i found the entire album basicly unlistenable to...just not my thing. Basicly I want things where I hear him play awesome and incredible solos of the kind that make you want to give up playing guitar - much like Notthingham Lace..and I don't mind some wierd funky stuff around it (ala Jorden) but don't really want the lyrical stuff of ETC or too much other stuff.

So what this has taught me is given he has like 200 albums, I need to target my next purchase more carefully. So i'm hoping someone on here can tell me what other songs feature impressive skills like Notthingham Lace? That song is genius.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Bri will school you on all things Buckethead.

I would recommend some entire albums and not specific songs.

Praxis- Transmutation(Mutadis Mutandis)
Giant Robot
Colma
Electric Tears

Thats some of his cream of the crop. If you like that, start diving in to the more obscure work.

I didn't like Enter the Chicken either.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Start with Electric Tears.

You'll be asking, "Why aren't there solos like that all over Chinese Democracy??"

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I AGREE THATS THE BEST ONE I'VE HEARD

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

why all caps, neemo?

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:

Pepper's Ghost - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnWdG58W1J8
Decoding the Tomb of Bansheebot - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ_ngr0yLBw
Crime Slunk Scene - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adV8-_hgL4g
The Elephant Man's Alarm Clock
Electric tears
Colma
Transmutation (Mutatis Mutandis) - Praxis

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:

Monsters & Robots
Decocing the Tomb of Bansheebot
Transmutation - Praxis

Didnt really get into Kaleidoscalp but maybe thats a grower

Cant go wrong with those.....

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Enter the Chicken first was a mistake.

Saboteur is on the right track. If you like shred and structered songs with melody, Pepper's Ghost, Crime Slunk Scene, Elephant Man's Alarm Clock, Monsters & Robots and Decoding the Tombs are good places to start.

Mellow stuff: Electric Tears, which is acoustic, not electric, and Colma, which is a lot like the If The World backing music.

Metal: Cuckoo Clocks of Hell.

Jazzy/bluesy: Population Override.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:
Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

why all caps, neemo?

i feel strongly about agreeing 16

j/k i'm at work on lunch break and i need caps lock on for my day to day typing wink

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Colma
Electric Tears
Giant Robot
Monsters & Robots
Transmutation

Just for the record bigbri helped me a great deal a few years back discovering Bucket.  I like certain things by Bucket and other things leave me scratching my head but without doubt he is a genius in his playing.  These are the albums (listed above) that I like best.  I am most definitely in the minority but I feel he works best in a group (if allowed enough control) instead of solo.  What he could have done for the new GNR would have been nothing short of legendary.

Board footer