You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Help Me Get Into Buckethead!!!

bigbri wrote:

You actually can get several albums worth of material free if you know where to look.

I'm on my Blackberry, but when I get a free moment at work later I'm going to put together a guide to free bucket stuff. It's everywhere.

Glad I could help gunslinger!

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Don't forget about Giant Robot, the 1994 version, not the NTT version.

Here's some free stuff to get you started. http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=2809

If you liked Nottingham a lot, I'd start with Crime Slunk Scene and go to Elephant Man's Alarm Clock if you like that.

Also, Inbred Mountain is pretty heavy. I put that in the metal category.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Thanks everyone. Really Appriciate all the efforts you've all gone to smile

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Inbred Mountain isn't something your gonna like much in my opinion monkeychow. Very heavy/experimental/weird for a first listen. Start with Decoding the Tomb of the Bansheebot and Peppers Ghost.

Move on from there. Giant Robot has great stuff. And Colma/Electric Tears/Population Override is great stuff.

Basically, almost everything he's put out. And Enter The Chicken was like the worst possible "first" buckethead CD you could have listened to. lol.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

About a year ago I wanted to get into Buckethead but didn't know were to start. I downloaded Jordan and Electric Tears, and why they are pretty cool, I figured this was Bucket at his best....how very wrong I was. Listening to the new Chinese Democracy leaks and hearing him fucking own, gave me new faith, and I discovered "Soothsayer" and "Brewer In The Air" which are nothing short of legendary. This was just about two weeks ago, and I am still very new to him, however I am gonna take the advice of some of the guys in this thread. Bucketheads guitar says more than any other artist singing a song ever could.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Start with Electric Tears.

You'll be asking, "Why aren't there solos like that all over Chinese Democracy??"

I started with Crime Slunk Scene, then went onto Electric Tears, then Colma, and those solidified me as a Bh fan. 

I would definently reccommend starting with Electric Tears.  Any of my friends who say BH sucks, i just had them a copy of that cd and then they agree that he's a damn good guitarist.

Jungle Blood
 Rep: 3 

Jungle Blood wrote:

I like Welcome to Bucketheadland neutral

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Jungle Blood wrote:

I like Welcome to Bucketheadland neutral

Great song. It's on Giant Robot from the Cyberoctave label. That's a good CD for beginners because it has all of Bucket's styles on one CD, then you pick out what Bucket road you want to travel.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

i downloaded bucketheadland and "acoustic shards" last night

i can see why axl wanted him, he makes great riffs and amazing solo's, while im not a shred lover, he is original....

the thing is....i think axl may find it hard to replace BH as he did slash, i dont think BBF can bring as much to the band writing wise as unque as BH did

track one on bucketheadland is great!! i must have listenedto it several times today big_smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:

i dont think BBF can bring as much to the band

Which is why Axl was begging Bucket to come back while Bumble was rehearsing for Hammerstein. People don't seem to realize that a yes answer from Bucket a week before that show and Ron would have been fired immediately.

Thats not speculation. Del James admitted this on the official site, but when the Bucket haters proclaiming Bumble God started having a hissy fit, his article was immediately pulled and we're all supposed to forget.

I didn't forget.

The band just continually regresses in the CD era. Huge to Fortus, Bucket to Bumble, Brain to Frank. Now Finck to only God knows what monstrosity.

In five years GNR will consist of Axl, the sole survivor of Milli Vanilli, and the Monkees.

Board footer